Fibre-free wipes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
arghhhh please help I can not seem to find any lint free (reallly) that dont leave hairs on nail plate, little tiny ones, you know the ones i mean. I find them so annoying, I pick a bead up sometimes and find one there so maybe getting in my powder? how?

I cover my powders and liquid, I also change towels and couch roll, I have found it more annoying lately as when im doing shellac I feel they stick on my brush, yet I get another wipe scrub fresh,,yet still tiny hairs (fibres) on nail plate.

Also what are the tiny beads in base coat,,:!::!:

please help its driving me mad ha ha xx

Katie you are sooooooooo not alone !
Lint fibres from 'lint free' pads are driving me mental lately.
Its always been a bit of an issue, but more so now we are doing more and more polishing/shellacing etc...

And the tiny beads was talked about on here the other week... I will see if I can find the link for you,
It could be that you are working a little slowly applying your basecoat ( and being a perfectionist I bet you do lol x)
And as it is a 10 second sure under a UV light... those little bits you are getting is the basecoat starting to cure as you are working it,..
Have a go at brushing it on nice and quick see if it improves
(bare in mind too if its an already used bottle, there may be tiny bits of cured product back in the bottle from your other applications)

Something I have started doing recently too, is if I have someone with drier skin, or nail biters etc... I have been using cotton buds to apply the scrubfresh instead of a pad... I looked for nice 'tightly' wrapped ones ( johnstonS i think I got) as they don't leave behind fibres as much.
Some may not agree... but works for me, so worth a try :hug: x

Found it
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/118974-shellac-base-coat-has-speckles.html

Last edited:
Thanks, emma.

I am going mental lately. I usually use the designer nails ones from the s2 catologue but lately they have been very hairy lol, tried ones from alan howard, but still hairy, tried platic back ones still hairy,,,,ohhhh gee, I am at a loss.

I find when doing shellac I am noticing esp when doing french obv bottle is open more on cream puff, so is this curing ever so slightly, as it goes little bit tacky? how do you combat this, I am getting better at french took me just over 30 mins for french shellac other day, which I was impressed with. but feel my white is going gloopy like thr polish does????? why any ideas or hints tips etc? what do you all do to combat this?

xx

I used to get that but have now switched to using Sibel Cellulose Squares, not like a lint pad but so cheap under a fiver including VAT for 2 big rolls of 500 (so 1000 for under a fiver!) It is like 4 sheets of thin couch roll pressed together into little squares, its not tough enough to use for taking polish off as they fall apart after a few nails but excellent for scrubbing the nail with dehydrator etc. I get them from my wholesaler Adels. Hope that is of use? x

Thanks, emma.

I am going mental lately. I usually use the designer nails ones from the s2 catologue but lately they have been very hairy lol, tried ones from alan howard, but still hairy, tried platic back ones still hairy,,,,ohhhh gee, I am at a loss.
Same here.... it is very frustrating

I find when doing shellac I am noticing esp when doing french obv bottle is open more on cream puff, so is this curing ever so slightly, as it goes little bit tacky? how do you combat this, I am getting better at french took me just over 30 mins for french shellac other day, which I was impressed with. but feel my white is going gloopy like thr polish does????? why any ideas or hints tips etc? what do you all do to combat this?

xx

I have read about some people lately who dispense a little bit of shellac creme puff into a little screw lid pot (opaque) and are using that with a gel brush instead...
I haven't tried it yet, I have just been re shaking every few nails to thin the consistancy back out x

I used to get that but have now switched to using Sibel Cellulose Squares, not like a lint pad but so cheap under a fiver including VAT for 2 big rolls of 500 (so 1000 for under a fiver!) It is like 4 sheets of thin couch roll pressed together into little squares, its not tough enough to use for taking polish off as they fall apart after a few nails but excellent for scrubbing the nail with dehydrator etc. I get them from my wholesaler Adels. Hope that is of use? x

Yep, they are the best!:)

I use these: HandsDown Nail Wipes (200pk) and they work beautifully. Best thing we have found for use during Shellac & gel application x

I have cracked the lint problem :)
I buy kitchen roll in bulk and cut it into squares not a bit of fluff or lint in sight and a lot cheaper :hug:

I tried that one karen but still found little fibres,,maybe bounty might work instead of the cheapo stuff I bought haha xxx

Bounty works great, as do the gauze pads. I love the plastic backed Hands Down pads but lint free, thay are not. Good luck! :)

I tried that one karen but still found little fibres,,maybe bounty might work instead of the cheapo stuff I bought haha xxx

i use blue shop towels. i don't remember the brand name, but i found them in the automotive department. i don't know what would be the equivalent there in the UK? they are blue, thicker than a paper towel like Bounty and leaves nothing on the nail. these towels are used for cleaning the inside of your car or the windshield/windscreen. a tip i picked up from a CND educator, when she pulled out little cut up blue squares.

I have bought Cosco's finest and Bounty sorry Plenty and have found them both as good as each other.

I use little square gauze pads from a medical supplier, work great and are cheap.

Bio Sculpture sell lint free pads and they are lint free its like a square pad with small holes in it.:)

Latest posts

Back