Fibreglass and Silk enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbe4gem

Reaction score
Hi ladies/gents

I am so elated to have access to this fab site too & love reading all the brilliant stuff from you all (daily). However, until I read this thread I have been kind of nervous to join in or ask for advice. I am a techno phobe though so maybe this is the real reason as I have only just discovered how to send a reply!!! Any way

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on fibreglass & silk enhancements or at least point me in the right direction.

I am a qualified nail tech, I currently use Bio sculpture, but when I first trained about 9 years ago I did silk/fibreglass & would like to offer these again.

I have millenium products at the moment for practicing my skills once again (using Ruths fab tutorial) however, I have never used a builder resin & so may do a conversion course, if any one could recommend a good one to go for I would be grateful.

Also can anyone advise me of the best way to achieve a permanent french polish using silk/fibreglass? is it painted on at the end or is it achievable another way (as I heard that More than white have discontinued), & if it is painted on with varnish how on earth do you get neat, even & smoothe smiles?

Sorry so many questions, but I thought I would get them all in now just in case I can't remember how I got here to start with!

Thank you for any help or advice in advance

Debbie

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the site :D

You could use white acrylic nailart paint for your French. If you are using enamel but can't quite get the smile line smooth then use something like Nail Fresh (or the equivalent in your brand), it contains acetone and if you dip an old gel brush (or similar small brush) into it and swipe the smile it will smooth out any uneven lines by removing the excess enamel.

hth's a bit

Hi, I'm no expert on the subject but I've recently done ezflow's training with fibreglass and silk. Their products achieve a lovely finish, they use a builder resin and you could use white tips, if you wanted to, in order to achieve a french. :)

Hi i do fiberglass and silk.... love them!! i use whit tips when then client requests them but also use creative brisa white aint on ge and cure b4 appling silk/fiberglass just another idea:)

Ruth aka nailsinlondon who`s tutorial you have been following offers training in this and has a fab reputation amongst us geeks for her training,
send her a pm hun and she will give you all the advise you need,
welcome to the site by the way :hug:

Sorry i forgot you may not know how,
put your mouse over her name in a post and left click, you will get a drop down menu to chose from,
chose send private message, it will take you to another screen, type in your message and click send,
and she will get the message hun hth (hope that helps)

Omg, tried to reply and wasn't sure if my message sent or not, trying to say thankyou to all you guys above for the brilliant advice but I am a bit useless at the mo, need to practice on my computer skills more than my nails by the looks of it!!

So grateful to you all anyway, and I'll be back for def!!!

Cheers

Debbie

Hi Sandi

Thank you so much for that, I am really enjoying the fibreglass/silk system (even more so than my gels) and was so worried that I wouldn't be able to offer french due to my terrible attempts at polishing it on!! but now i get it with the polish. However, could you just confirm 1 thing for me with the acrylic nail art paint? Do you put this on the tip under fibreglass/silk or paint it on at the end when enhancement complete? sorry to be a bit dumb here!!

Thank you ldz

Debbie

Hi i do fiberglass and silk.... love them!! i use whit tips when then client requests them but also use creative brisa white aint on ge and cure b4 appling silk/fiberglass just another idea:)
Hi Moosey

Thank you for your advice, you've put an idea in my head!! maybe I can prep nail, apply tip, paint free edge using my bio sculpture french white gel, cure and then proceed to applying fibreglass/silk etc. Can't wait to try this in the morning, cheers ldz

Deb's

However, could you just confirm 1 thing for me with the acrylic nail art paint? Do you put this on the tip under fibreglass/silk or paint it on at the end when enhancement complete? sorry to be a bit dumb here!!
Not a dumb question at all :hug:

You have the option of applying the white acrylic paint before you apply the fibreglass/silk OR before you apply the builder resin towards the end of the service. It works either way but if you want to ensure that you don't buff the white off by accident then I'd apply it before the fibreglass/silk. Make sure you allow a good 2-3 minutes for it to dry.

hth's

:smack:Thank you Sandi

Cant wait to try this out. As soon as you told me about the acrylic nail art paint I went to my local suppliers & wasn't surprised that they didn't have any!!However, come next week I will do my best to get my hands on some of this stuff & will definitely try to do it the way you described. Thank you so much for your advice

Bests

Deb's::hug:

Just a quick hint: for those smiles, you can buy these handly lil strips that you stick on the nails, apply your polish, let the polish dry, and then peel the strip off...the result is a perfect smile!

It's ok to cheat sometimes...LOL

Latest posts

Back