Fibreglass Nails with Striping Design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
I just fancied having a go on here, especially on these nails because I love the look of them and its the first time of doing this design but I know I have far to go

[I chose certain critiques but it seems to put them all in, sorry]

Good job, you've mastered the hardest part, which is to make the fibreglass invisible on the nails :D

Your sidewalls could do with a little bit of straightening up on a couple of nails, but nothing that a quick swipe with a 180/240 won't put right.
Some of the nails look a tad damaged, is that the pic or are they?
I personally prefer the 2/3 nail bed to 1/3 white ratio and think the nails would look sleeker if the whites were a bit shorter.

Well done chica, a fabby job as the above points are all minor ones :hug:

Hey,

You did a very good job on those nails. I did fibreglass at college and it was so hard to learn in about 2 classes. lol

A very well done they look brill x

Good job, you've mastered the hardest part, which is to make the fibreglass invisible on the nails :D

Your sidewalls could do with a little bit of straightening up on a couple of nails, but nothing that a quick swipe with a 180/240 won't put right.
Some of the nails look a tad damaged, is that the pic or are they?
I personally prefer the 2/3 nail bed to 1/3 white ratio and think the nails would look sleeker if the whites were a bit shorter.

Well done chica, a fabby job as the above points are all minor ones :hug:

It could be the pic, I don't remember any being damaged but I could be wrong.... thanks for the comments, it makes me feel that bit more confident :hug:

Hey,

You did a very good job on those nails. I did fibreglass at college and it was so hard to learn in about 2 classes. lol

A very well done they look brill x

Tell me about it, I think I got most of my tips off Salon Geek than college! :lol:

From what I can see hun (although the pic is a bit grainy)
you seem to have a really good finish on these so well done :hug:

You're braver than me lol I am a quitter when it comes to fibreglass :o

It seems that one of the tips is too big for the nail plate (forefinger, top hand)
But obviously that's only on the one nail so its not like its a major problem lol.

I agree some of the sidewalls are a little off...and I would prefer them to be shorter, but once brought in at the sidewalls this may reduce the "top heavy" appearance they have at the mo.

The best tip I can pass on for sidewalls, is one I read Samantha sweet had put on here somewhere...

When doing your sidewalls, keep your routine the same,
Its sooo easy to find you are swiping on one side, and seesawing on the other...try to do one or the other either sweep or see saw (with the abrasive)
Also try to keep your elbow tucked in to your side..I used to keep it tucked in when filing the right sidewall, then my elbow would come right out when filing the left sidewall...
This tends to make a bit of a curved sidewall instead of a straight one..

God I really hope you know what I mean lol,...
I always dread trying to give advice or critique, In case it just sounds like a total load of waffle :green:

Ooooo and I forgot to mention your nail art babe....LOVELY Very neat I bet that was fiddly !!

Wow these are really nice would never have know that they were fibreglass good job well done I like these :)

I don't do fibreglass but they look good to me i love the design well done. x

I'm doing fiberglass at college in September, i know they are the hardest of nail enhancements to apply,but speaking of yours UKred..they look really good,wouldn't have known they were enhanced.

I like them ..well done and keep up the good work xx:)

Thanks for all the lovely comments :) One of the tips was slightly too big but I have redone them for her now :hug:

I am looking forward to doing my acrylic nail course, ill be back on here when I have done my first set hehehehe

Latest posts

Back