Fibreglass nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuttifroot

Reaction score

Hi just wondering why fibreglass nails went out of fashion? I have had mine done and they are fantastic, so thin and strong and natural looking. I have terrible fragile nails and I'm glad to have found a product that works.

I currently do Gelish, and am wondering whether to train in fibreglass to be able to offer extensions to clients. I'm trained in NSI gels originally.

Anyone know why no one does Fibreglass much anymore?

And anyone know if I can use silk wraps with gelish?

Thanks!

Here Here! do you know I was just thinking the same. My own nails are thin after acrylics, so I attempted some fibreglass reinforcements as a change from acrylic patch up. I am delighted with the results, but I am wondering why they have gone out of fashion. There must be some drawbacks, the only one I have found is that my C curve is not as defined as I would like.

I loved fibre glass nails but there's no one in my area does them any more - much preferred them to acrylic.

I'm a big fan of fibreglass and silk - love it :))
5c0f3665-9ed4-0f72.jpg
this is the first set I did with gel topcoat x

I love the look and feel of fibreglass nails, if you're going to train I'd reccomend backscratchers the original and in my opinion still the best!
They're not as strong as acrylic so mayne that's why they've fallen out of favour.

I've just finished my training in gel l&p and fibreglass & silk and I have to say I really enjoyed doing the fibre glass & silk.

Hi i took the backscrathchers fiberglass course and i honestly did not like it. They felt smooth but were thin and not very strong.I dont know though that is just my opinion.

Fibreglass nails look gorgeous when first done.

The down side is that they do not stay looking gorgeous for month after month maintenance.

The product breaks down with time and is not colour stable.
To maintain the look of them you need frequent soak off and replacement.
It is much more time consuming to build and alter the shape of a nail with FG. FG only suits a small proportion of clients nails and lifestyles.
It is no where near as versatile in what you can do with it to disguise flaws or create a whole new look for a client.
You are very limited as a nail artist with FG.

Still, every nail technician should be very competent with the FG system because sometimes you just need it. :green: natural nail repairs last the longest and look the most natural when done with FG. iMO

Latest posts

Back