Fibres in nail wipes driving me mad! Which to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good question! I too use the hands down as I find they definately protect my own Shellac'd Nails. I have got into the habit of, after I've 'hand's down', I quickly swipe each finger with my right hand fingers to remove any odd fibres off their nails:) seems to work. (Client doesn't know what the heck I'm doing, but it's so quick and it works!).

Yes but they still get caught in dry bits of skin and things aswell so they are sometimes still there.

And I don't think your meant to touch the nails at all after scrub fresh as then you are or could be transferring oils and things again.

I don't hold mine in any particular way and most of the time my Shellac is fine. I've had them peel now and again but not often. Good excuse to change them again anyway when they do :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I don't hold mine in any particular way and most of the time my Shellac is fine. I've had them peel now and again but not often. Good excuse to change them again anyway when they do :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've tried it planky but mines peel terrible with acetone contact. Especially if it's prolonged by holding a pad and rubbing. Its always the thumb and forefinger, as theyre in the most contact. I need to keep away from the acetone. An I don't like to do mines too often as it takes me ages plus its too much acetone exposure. I don't know what to do, might find gloves that dont break with acetone.

Hmm, I can't say that I hold mine in any particular position either and my shellac is fine too. Removal is a different story though!

I also have the Hands down 'wings', but have not felt the need to go back to them since getting the Soft Landings.

If you find some decent gloves that you can work in Lolly, I'd love to know about them. I never glove up when giving injections because I don't like the ones we have, so I would buy some for work too.

I use powder free latex gloves (hopefully photo attached if I've done it right) from the start of removal until I start application. I use hands down pads up until scrubfresh for which I use cut up squares of bounty kitchen towel. Hth

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346271623.006853.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346271623.006853.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 94
It was me who said kitchen towel, and I don't use anything else, good quality ones do make a difference. Plenty is worth the extra few pennies.

I find dsolve dsolves my latex gloves haha! Get big holes in them so I've started to not bother and most of the time my shellac is fine. I did find that the plasticky type gloves like you find in home hair dyes etc work fine though but they are slippy and you don't have as much control as with latex. Tried bounty/plenty this eve and it works a treat :D thanks x

Hmm, I can't say that I hold mine in any particular position either and my shellac is fine too. Removal is a different story though!

I also have the Hands down 'wings', but have not felt the need to go back to them since getting the Soft Landings.

If you find some decent gloves that you can work in Lolly, I'd love to know about them. I never glove up when giving injections because I don't like the ones we have, so I would buy some for work too.

Hmm I'll need to look our for some. Mines even starts to wear using normal pads with the disperse. Wear, although not peel.

I have to change something as the lint from these pads is really annoying. I think gloves is my best bet :)

It's making me not enjoy shellac because I spend forever picking out lint.

These are what I use.....I am a CND girl at heart but these are TOTALLY lint free & the best wipes I have ever used, just wished I had discovered them sooner xx hth xx
p.s sorry for the rather large picture :o

thank you for your endorsement of Soft Landings towel and wipes. we try hard to keep everyone soft and lint'free

I have started using disposable gloves when soaking off as I kept having dull lifting gelish after being soaked in acetone while applying cotton wool and foil. Still using Plenty.... No lint in sight!

As said before, I cut up Bounty Kitchen Roll, no fibres and it stays intact, hths, :) xx

This drove me utterly mental at work. The gelish bottles started to look like the polish was meant to be textured. My boss actually thought that someone had been cleaning the necks of the bottles with cotton wool. :green: Is it a technicality because it is strands and not lint? :cry: :irked::lol:

Many of us have been using cut up kitchen roll for a long time!

The bio sculpture lint free nail wipes are great, as are the mundo wipes referred to earlier, but I do find it frustrating that the hands down pads are so linty as they are a brilliant idea.

I use nitrile gloves for removal and don't have any issues with my own nails peeling.

I use soft landings wipes now. I have tried the cut up kitchen roll, I used Plenty as recommended by other geeks and its ok for removing polish, but in my view no good for scrubfresh. I scrub very hard with scrubfresh and the kitchen roll just crumbles when I'm using it. I'm not prepared to scrub any lighter with my scrubfresh so I've gone back to the soft landings. They are a little bit more expensive than kitchen roll, and I dont cut them up, just fold them into 4 and keep re-folding through the service to get a clean side, but one wipe does a full service, and you dont have to sit cutting them up like you do with kitchen roll.

Latest posts

Back