Filing gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marian

Reaction score
Apologies for a question that I should probably know the answer to but I need to ask it! Is it ok if once I have finished a new set of gel nails to file the free edge or does this break the seal and cause lifting.

I do shape the nails before applying gel but when finished sometimes they need a little tweek, is this ok to do?

Apologies for a question that I should probably know the answer to but I need to ask it! Is it ok if once I have finished a new set of gel nails to file the free edge or does this break the seal and cause lifting.

I do shape the nails before applying gel but when finished sometimes they need a little tweek, is this ok to do?

Its ok as long as you reseal the edge with a uv topcoat :)

It can break the seal if you file off more than you have applied...I tend to do all my layers...then just before applying top gloss i wipe and buff to shape then neaten up the free edge ...that way you can re-seal by capping with top gloss....no filing after top gloss has been done.

Its ok as long as you reseal the edge with a uv topcoat :)

Oops! Im glad I asked now, thanks:hug:. I forgot to mention that my gel seems to always shrink from the free edge even though I run my gel brush along the free edge, am I not using enough gel for this do you think?

Sorry for all the questions but its cracking me up not knowing!

Oops! Im glad I asked now, thanks:hug:. I forgot to mention that my gel seems to always shrink from the free edge even though I run my gel brush along the free edge, am I not using enough gel for this do you think?

try freeze curing 1 finger at a time..this way it semi cures before it has time to shrink. x

Freeze cure for 20 secs ok?

You need to pull the gel over the free-edge to seal it properly:)

Iv noticed this aswell so when i have put the gel on all fingers then pop it under lamp for 20 seconds then do it again with the gel and cure as normal?

Latest posts

Back