finally an interview for teaching!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louwesley

Reaction score
i've been applying for the last 18 months to teach at our local college to no avail! However, i now finally have an interview and i'm so nervous. I know i will have to complete the obligitory literacy and numeracey tests and that i will also have to complete a five minute presentation on class room management skills but what else will be thrown at me? does any one know? apart from the actual interview it's supposed to take 2 hours

Sorry have no knowlege of this, but just wanted to wish you good luck!! Hope it all goes well!!

literacy and numeracy tests??! really?
I never had to do any of these, so unless they say you are doing them I would not worry.
As for a 2 hour interview I would be surprised if it lasted than long I know its easy to say but try not to worry to much, you need to look confident. Make sure you are prepared, I took hard copies of my power point etc. Do you know what you presentation is on?

I'm guessing that they'll ask you about equal opportunities. Good luck with everything. xxx

Let us know how it goes

Good luck

thanks for all your good lucks! i'm looking forward to the interview but i know i'll be dead nervous on the day!
yes numeracy and literacy test was stated on the inetrview letter- i guess they just want to make sure you hold basic levels of numerousy and literacy, don't think it'll be too taxing
My presentation is on 'class room management skills' which i hope i just so they know i can hold peoples interest for that long any suggestions?
I can't see the whole process taking longer than one hour to be honest but i guess there could be alot of waiting around.
Ihave a meeting with one of my sisters friends who already teaches at the college tom so hopefully she'll be informative!

I wounder if thats the same tests as the ones I did for my cert-Ed course, if it is then its worth brushing up a little. They had alot of stuff on I hadn't done since school! lol
Have a look at the wording on what they want from you on the presention. See if you can pick out the key points and include them. Some times its easy to miss what it was they are looking for.
good luck

Hi, i don't mean to pinch your post but i also have an interview for teaching on Tuesday and wondered if you have any advice. They say we have to deliver a 10min demonstration on preparing a client for a body faradic and needs to be supported by differentiated documentation that i can distribute to learners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back