Finding my perfect hair routine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NossiMcGeek

Reaction score
Hello! So, I've been looking for the perfect platform to help me find the perfect hair care routine, and what better place than here?
So let's start off with telling you what I'm working with. My hair is fine, medium length, mostly straight with a tiny bit of wave to it. I have an extremely oily scalp that is prone to itching and dandruff. My lengths and ends are quite dry, however, due to the fact that I bleach it occasionally (I use Wella Blondor with Welloxon Perfect 6% together with Olaplex) aswell as dye it with both permanent and semi-permanent shades (the top is an ombre with Wella Koleston colours with some Wella Color Touch Instamatic colours on top of it while the bottom is different shades of Wella Color Fresh Create colours). So the top of my head tends to get limp while the lengths and ends get poofy, frizzy and dry.
My biggest problem is to find mainly conditioners, treatments/masks and leave-in products. I've already found a "frequent use" shampoo (Philip Kingsley Flaky Scalp Shampoo) that works quite well for me (I wash my hair every 4 days). I also use Olaplex no 3 regularly.

When it comes to conditioner I'm mainly looking for a silicone free and coconut oil free, lightweight yet intensely hydrating and softening conditioner that won't weigh down my hair but still keeps my lengths and ends nice and satisfied.
For treatments/masks I'm looking for a moisturizing treatment/mask that is really intense and doesn't have much (preferably any) protein in it, as I'm already using the Joico Kpak treatment for protein. Preferably silicone free and coconut oil free aswell.
For leave-in products I much prefer things like serums and lotions over oils, since I like to put them on after I get out of the shower, as I find serums and lotions to be a lot more smoothing and softening than oils. Oils also tend to make my hair feel weighed down. I'm not against silicones in leave-in products.

Thank you!

Last edited:
The L’Oréal Nutrifier range is all silicone free, no protein and is quite nourishing :)

Latest posts

Back