Finding waxing models a nightmare-I can't find one!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthaattard

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Is or had anyone else experienced great difficulty finding a model to practice a new treatment on ???? I have been trying for almost two weeks to finds models for a free hollywood and nothing not even my friends feel comfortable doing it for me . I have used social media sites, advertising sites , asking around if anyone knows anyone and i have used salon guinea pig . Still nothing . I did the intimate Kim Lawless course almost two weeks ago and i am desperate to get a few in for practices . Any advice would be great as i am running gout of options . I go back to work in October and would like o be able to offer this service but i don't want to unless i know im the best i can be at what i am doing . I live in Cardiff so its a pretty big city so i just dont get it

Just an idea but maybe try doing a special
offer rather than calling it a free treatment as it may put people off. I will be interested to see responses though as it isn't something people talk about!

Thats a good idea i may give it a try . thanks :)

Just curious is this the intimate waxing ur on abwt? Stupid question but does tha involve waxing every area that has hair dwn there like all ov it? Lol I dont know anything about waxing but curious to know as would like to do a course on it at some point in future.
Lauren

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello yes the hollywood would be everything off including between your bum and in-between your bum and lady bits . The course with Kim Lawless was fantastic and i highly receommend

I'm in barry but can't travel as open 6 days a week . But happy to be a guinea pig :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jo jo you are a complete babe .i will inbox you know x x

I'm in a similar situation. I'm training with kim next week & have advertised an introductory price for the last month with no bookings as of yet! Luckily I have a close friend that will be a guinea pig for me but that's it. Thinking about doing groupon or something to get the practice.

Finding it quite disheartening as got the impression this was a sort after treatment especially with good training & products but no ones shown an interest.

I hope the offer works for you 😄 xxx

Hi Samantha, have pm'd you.

I think only people like ourselves who truly understand and love the industry know the difference between hot wax and strip wax and good training and poor training. Unfortunately we need to educate alot of people but its just getting them through the door first. It is an intimate treatment and many people are shy and don't like to get naked infornt of a stranger . I do believe it will take just one person that adores the technique and products you use and then word of mouth. We also need to remember the beauty industry is one of the biggest in the world and competition is fierce so we need to be the best at what we do in order to compete. Dont give up hope because you will love the training and the technique and im sure you will find people eventually :)m

Thanks for the reply, has given me a better understanding of the course, would have offered to b a gineu pig but cnt travel as car is off ths rd, no shame in showin tha lady bits get used 2 gettin it out by avin smear tests every 6 months lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back