First attempt at sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiercekytten

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I only completed my foundation course with CND in November and this is my first attempt at sculpting and custom colour blending. These are on myself and this is a picture of my "wrong" hand! I would really appreciate any pointers on how/where to improve!

Thank you x

Last edited:
how pretty !!!

how pretty !!!

Thank you for your reply!

I can't believe though that 223 people have viewed this and I don't have a single critique which is what I was after so as I can improve!

WOW!!! They are lovely

I am still training and I hope one day I can produce something as good as these

Thank you for your reply!

I can't believe though that 223 people have viewed this and I don't have a single critique which is what I was after so as I can improve!

I don't think there's much to critique to be honest, they're gorgeous and look perfect to me!!!

They are Gorge! Id love to be able to do them!

ok well thank you everyone for taking the time to reply :)

These are gorge, I want some.

Just one critique, the product on the left hand side of the middle finger looks a bit wobbly.
Other than that, they are beautiful :) xx

wow! if this is your first set then everything you do after this will be super amazing! Fantastic smile lines :)

They ate great very pretty :biggrin: x

Oh my goodness, if these are your first set of sculpts, then well done you, xx:lol:

i would say overall they look great, but double check sidewalls, some come to a small point the way it looks at the smileline. the other thing i would watch for is that the "ears" of your smilelines match from sinde to side and same height up the nail from nail to nail..hope u understand what im trying to say here.

Thank you everyone, all your advice is very appreciated.

This isnt a critique as I am learning to scuplt myself! How did you do this?

I am in awe as I am struggling. I can sculpt in one colour fine but struggle with the smile lines as I think I do the tip too thickly and either smudge the top layer with the pink or dont do the top layer so well so its not sharp and looks blurred when I add the pink. I've been taught that the whole tip should be the colour so the whole thickness of the tip needs a perfect smile.

When you did yours, did you sculpt the colour straight on to the nail form or did you do a clear sculpt or tip and then add the colour thinly on top?

I cant figure if Im struggling as Im trying to sculpt the whole thickness of the nail rather than a thin top layer (I can do a gel polish french manicure just fine with no touch ups required!)

Hope its not too cheeky crashing your thread and asking for help

x

This isnt a critique as I am learning to scuplt myself! How did you do this?

I am in awe as I am struggling. I can sculpt in one colour fine but struggle with the smile lines as I think I do the tip too thickly and either smudge the top layer with the pink or dont do the top layer so well so its not sharp and looks blurred when I add the pink. I've been taught that the whole tip should be the colour so the whole thickness of the tip needs a perfect smile.

When you did yours, did you sculpt the colour straight on to the nail form or did you do a clear sculpt or tip and then add the colour thinly on top?

I cant figure if Im struggling as Im trying to sculpt the whole thickness of the nail rather than a thin top layer (I can do a gel polish french manicure just fine with no touch ups required!)

Hope its not too cheeky crashing your thread and asking for help

x

Hiya

The tip is a clear acrylic and glitter mix onto the form and a layer of clear acrylic on the top so when you buff to a shine you're not buffing the glitter. The pink is a custom blended opaque.

Very nice. Think you might of wanted the smile line lower though to begin with to prolong the life of them, only I cant help thinking that your nails will grow & the smile line will look too high too quickly before they are next due for treatment ... Just a thought not necessarily a negative ... :)

I think they look wonderful. You're only going to get better from here! Nice job!

Well done!!

These look fantastic - even more so if you only completed training in November AND they are on your wrong hand!

Your design is lovely, your smile line is also very good. x

Love this!! i agree with a previous comment i would have had the smile line further down, this is personal preference though as some people like to elongate the nail plate! the smile like itslf however is perfect. the sidewall on your ring finger is the only one i would say is slightly off, its difficult to see fully in this picture so excuse me if i'm wrong! I LOVE the colour choice, beautiful shade of red. can i ask what products you used? ie which shade of red glitter coz im all over this! ;-) x

Latest posts

Back