First Californian - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
hi

im doing my first californian - (all off) tomorrow, ive never done one before so im a bit nervous.
what positions do i need to put her in and are there any tips you can give me.

thanks

Hi Tina,

my advice would be to really consider if you should continue this treatment without the appropriate training and insurance.

Yes, we all have to start somewhere - but I fear you are unlikely to guess at the right positions and stretching techniques. Specific training is a great investment and IMHO essential for intimate treatments.

Sorry that's not the answer I think you were hoping for.

Jason.

Are you trained in intimate waxing and do you use hard wax?

If yes, you will be fine...

I personally think it's a lot easier to take it all off, than to leave a neat little strip :lol:

But if you are trained in brazilians, the positioning will be the same for doing a californian. (I call it a hollywood, but it matters not.)

The only thing to watch out for is that the extra bit you are taking off might be the most painful bit!

hi

yeah ive done a brazilian but not a californian.

i have trained in waxing but not specifically intimate.
whenever ive done bikinis, people have always asked me to go quite close in anyway, ive just never done all off.

I agree that you really need training to do this as without training and a certificate you won't be insured unfortunately. A basic waxing certificate will not suffice in this instance.

There are some insurers who will insure you without specific training :eek:

I think Babtac do...

Anyhow, tina, when you have done brazilians, have you removed all the hair from the labia?

hi

i appreciate everyones comments about advanced training. this is something which i would like to do so am going to see if i can find somewhere in my area to do it.

zo zo - hi , yes i have waxed partially over the labia before. my real question was, you know do i get the client to stretch all the areas for me so that the skin is taught.
on a lady that i do brazilian she tends to lift her leg up against her chest for me to be able to wax underneath.i have heard of people going on all four's, just wondered if this was necessary.

thanks

Most of my ladies do get on all fours but if they're not very hairy at the back then you can probably get away with knees up to the chest. I don't think you've said if you use soft or hard wax? I have never done a hollywood with soft wax - the idea scares me a bit(!) but it's easy peasy with hard wax. When you are looking for a course, I would recommend you find one that teaches with hard wax and preferably a new generation wax.

Most of my ladies do get on all fours but if they're not very hairy at the back then you can probably get away with knees up to the chest. I don't think you've said if you use soft or hard wax? I have never done a hollywood with soft wax - the idea scares me a bit(!) but it's easy peasy with hard wax. When you are looking for a course, I would recommend you find one that teaches with hard wax and preferably a new generation wax.

yeah it was me that was asking about hard wax on another thread

There are some insurers who will insure you without specific training :eek:

I think Babtac do...

QUOTE]

Ouch, really? If you apply the same principles to any industry then if you want to do something that wasn't covered in the basics you need further training to advance on. As we are unfortunately a society nowadays where we like to sue, I wouldn't do anything without being trained first. You do like to think that nothing would go wrong but there is a thread on here stating she is being sued over an eyebrow wax.

If anything was to happen, the first thing the insurance would do is ask for certificates if they haven't already. A lawyer would have a field day otherwise.

Tina i would advise getting trained properly in this so you can carry out the treatment safely and effectively. Hard wax is definitely better though for this type of bikini wax.

Well... the situation with Babtac has been discussed on here before... as far as I remember, Babtac contributed to the discussion themselves. There's a chance they've had a re-think(?) but definitely, in the not too distant past, they took the view that if you were qualified to wax, you could wax any body part...

Well... the situation with Babtac has been discussed on here before... as far as I remember, Babtac contributed to the discussion themselves. There's a chance they've had a re-think(?) but definitely, in the not too distant past, they took the view that if you were qualified to wax, you could wax any body part...

I didn't see that thread but waxing any body part is very different to doing intimate, advanced waxing. Learning to do a basic bikini wax doesn't include waxing to the extreme, the only way to learn this is by doing further training. The pre-requisite for these courses are that you have trained in basic waxing, so that speaks volumes for itself surely?

Tina, it's really difficult to explain positions and of course I'm biased, but you would really benefit from specific training in the future.

If you've done a Brazilian, then it's not different from a Hollywood in that you remove every single hair from the butt, inner and out labia etc, but you leave a landing strip or whatever shape they want on the pubic mound.

I never get my clients to stretch as I like to do it all myself so that I can protect the skin.

Good luck xx

I didn't see that thread but waxing any body part is very different to doing intimate, advanced waxing. Learning to do a basic bikini wax doesn't include waxing to the extreme, the only way to learn this is by doing further training. The pre-requisite for these courses are that you have trained in basic waxing, so that speaks volumes for itself surely?

I was merely pointing out that Babtac don't require a certificate in intimate waxing. My opinion about this is another matter :green:

Mmmmm, shocking, I'm all for training on new procedures! x

Latest posts

Back