First complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

master30

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been doing nails for 5 years now and today have had my first complaint. Did a set of sculptured P&W with crystals on ring fingers on Monday, I explained that as she was hairdresser and hands in water constantly that I couldn't say how long crystals would last (she didn't want them in or under the acrylic). She has today phoned and said all crystals are off and that they have lifted and she wants her money back. I said I would have a look and offered to put any lifting right she just said she would rather have her money back. I also did her friends and she has no problems. I don't feel I should give her a refund as I know my work doesn't lift, should I offer to remove them free of charge as a good will gesture????

Bloody people who automatically want a refund!!
Tell her to come over and see you and you can acess her nails. I wouldnt offer a refund at all, tell her you will do her rebalance free of charge or a free removal.
She probably wanted them done for a special ocassion and now its passed she wants the money back!

Bloody people who automatically want a refund!!
Tell her to come over and see you and you can acess her nails. I wouldnt offer a refund at all, tell her you will do her rebalance free of charge or a free removal.
She probably wanted them done for a special ocassion and now its passed she wants the money back!

So true, Julie this is good advise, my good will has never stretched to a refund, but the rebalance, or removal? Yer I'd go that far, mind you the last person who told me they had 'loads' of lifting turned out to have a tiny bit of lifting on one nail, took me all of 5 minutes to put it right:rolleyes:

When I said I needed to see them she said she couldn't come in until next week even tho I offered to get in early or stay late she declined said she just wants her money back, I'm gonna call her and let her know that I won't refund but I will remove for free. Thanks for that both of you.

You need to see them for yourself and judge from there. If they have really lifted and are hanging off then a refund would not be out of the question but if there is just a tiny bit of lifting then I would not offer her anything free of charge really. The crystals are neither here nor there as you did warn her and advise that they should have been encased. :green:

When I said I needed to see them she said she couldn't come in until next week even tho I offered to get in early or stay late she declined said she just wants her money back, I'm gonna call her and let her know that I won't refund but I will remove for free. Thanks for that both of you.

I find it funny that all clients who complain and want a full refund are always busy untill a week later! If they were that annoyed they would be offering to come in asap.

I had a girl who had express lashes done that last 2 weeks, called me a week later to say a few were out I said not to panic but if its that noticable come back and I can fix it. She said wanted a refund but only time she could come back would be the next week, when it was time for removal anyway! She came in for removal but yet still wanted her money back!

Have you tried offering to go to her salon to see the nails? If she declines then you know she is trying it on!

Sorry darling I was posting at the same time as you here. If she cannot let you see them then I wouldn't offer her anything at all. You can't get a refund on anything without producing the product can you? Sounds as if she is trying it on to me! :green:

hehe this made me giggle. i love the way that she cant come in till next week to get them fixed, but i bet you that if you offered her the refund, she would be in first thing tomorrow morning. people make me laugh x

I would say to her if she cant make it in to see her u can no longer offer her any treatment... and that if she does come in in the nxt 48 hrs u will offer free rebalance / removal as a good will gesture - and say ur willing to stay later if necessary and if she argues, say ur trying to be reasonable and that never before have u been asked for a refund hence y u r reluctant to give her one and ur trying to be as fair as possible. Suggest maybe shes used a product that might have made them lift at her work, and u cant take responsibility for that (ie peroxide? not sure if this would affect it?) She sounds like apain in the ass if u ask me grrr, sorry u have to deal wit her...

Someone may have already said this, but I think of it this way, you cannot call a department store and just demand a refund b/c something is wrong the with the product you bought. You have to bring the product in and show them the problem.....same with the nails. If she is not willing to come in and show you, then there is probably not a problem and she just wants her money and the nails. I hate when clients think we are stupid enough to fall for that!

Latest posts

Back