First sculpts - After 1 week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
I wanted to share with you my first set of sculpts. I found it a little more difficult to normal application but boy it is addictive. Any comments welcome. I used re-useable forms and found them easier to fit than the paper forms. This set is 1 week old as this lady was being airbrushed for a night on the Raz!!!

If you can't get people to train on how do you practice?

Nice sculpts by the way.

Hi there - I have a nail trainer!! It's brill and always stays still!!! LOL! I do sometimes practice on myself but that can be awkward. I'm a serious nail bitter too.... :o

Fingertips ND said:
If you can't get people to train on how do you practice?

Nice sculpts by the way.

Nice sculpting, well done

i practice on my nail trainer, hes very patient and never complains

My nails are terrible - wish there was a no biting ointment or something.

I want to practice my sculpting but can't see myself getting my nail trainer out - it's horrible!

Well done they look nice! I have started practising on myself but they never last, the free edge always snaps off. ut its way better than applying tips.

You know somethiing, I actually find it easier to sculpt than I do to apply product over tips. Don't ask me why. They seem to be thinner too!
Jules
:green:

julesheath said:
You know somethiing, I actually find it easier to sculpt than I do to apply product over tips. Don't ask me why. They seem to be thinner too!
Jules
:green:

they are definately thinner!!

Nice set! They've held up well!

What kind of reuseable forms do you use? I've seen them, but never tried them

Sculpts are not necessarily thinner than using tips ... but you have to use the tips correctly if you want them to be thin and beautiful ... which means thinning them out prior to application of the overlay. And I mean really thin them so that they are just acting as a guide for you. This technique produces very strong tip overlays and beautiful thin overlays as well.

Of course if you just apply a tip and then product you will naturally have a thicker free edge then if you sculpted thinly. I have seen some horrendous thick sculpted nails as well ... it is all down to the expertise of the technician.
Nails are always as thin as the technician makes them. There is no magic 'thin nail' formula. The magic is what the technician puts into her/his work.

twinkletoes910 said:
they are definately thinner!!

Nice set! They've held up well!

twinkletoes910 said:

Forms used were non stick Teflon forms from: atyourfingertips.org £8.95 I found them absolutely brill!! Also going back to geegs comment about thinning the tips, I always do this prior to a client and you will be surprised at just how much time you'll save!! Another great tip Geeg. Whens the book out for sale???? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i ask was the white french on this airbrushed or sculpted in the "v" shape?
it looks fab!

alfie said:

can i ask was the white french on this airbrushed or sculpted in the "v" shape?
it looks fab!
I'm not that clever i'm affraid it was airbrushed that way. I love the stencils available for airbrushed french styles

very cool, hope to be as talented as you some day.

Latest posts

Back