First set of lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, just realised I already mentioned the tutorials on previous post...
Wonder how many times I've repeated myself on other threads :s can't keep track these days! X

As long as the end effect of the design was what you wanted/looked nice there is nothing wrong with that no.
If you feel you would benefit from further training, have a look into it and go for it! Or if you don't quite need hands on help try buying the Lash Bible volumes or other books of that nature!
LieLash did some helpful tutorials for already trained techs if you search 'eyelash extensions in kent' into YouTube...

Do your clients know that £30 is just your introductory price? If not then start putting on your things that it is an introductory offer.

Always hard to tell from photos but the lashes look nice and separated and full from what I can see. I wouldn't worry if I were you!

What does the girl who does your lashes charge? And what diameter/length/curl extensions does she use? (I know it seems odd/nosey to ask)

And yay! Hope you like it!
Have a look into buying some masks with respirators btw (there's some on LashBase) all lash techs ought to wear them so we don't over-expose ourselves to fumes :)

I don't think they are bad for basically weeks of practice but it's something I feel I'm never going to improve on. I'm worrying I'm using to much glue as well. When I trained the lady said get a big old blob on there and I just thought really, I have been using a teeny pin size amount but was taught to sweep it along the lash which I believe with a good glue you shouldn't need to do that

Iv watched one of the tutorials but I think I'm going to have another look.

Iv been using masks since I started from lashbase as I get worried when I concentrate my mouth starts hanging open lol so was conscious of breathing all over people ha ha.

Lady I goes to charges £45 for a full set and I personally think her work is really really good. She uses 0.20 and various different lengths depending on what the client wants. I have advertised that my £30 is for a limited time but I don't know when to increase it. I'm scared nobody will come to me if I charge full price, I was wondering whether to increase to say £38 but then it's agg as people will always want change and will probably just bring £40 with them because of the denominations that cash machines only offer.

I'm new to the whole beauty business and want to get clients but don't want to come across cheap but don't want to make myself look stupid by charging £40 and results aren't great and they could go somewhere else and get much better.

I don't think they are bad for basically weeks of practice but it's something I feel I'm never going to improve on. I'm worrying I'm using to much glue as well. When I trained the lady said get a big old blob on there and I just thought really, I have been using a teeny pin size amount but was taught to sweep it along the lash which I believe with a good glue you shouldn't need to do that

Iv watched one of the tutorials but I think I'm going to have another look.

Iv been using masks since I started from lashbase as I get worried when I concentrate my mouth starts hanging open lol so was conscious of breathing all over people ha ha.

Lady I goes to charges £45 for a full set and I personally think her work is really really good. She uses 0.20 and various different lengths depending on what the client wants. I have advertised that my £30 is for a limited time but I don't know when to increase it. I'm scared nobody will come to me if I charge full price, I was wondering whether to increase to say £38 but then it's agg as people will always want change and will probably just bring £40 with them because of the denominations that cash machines only offer.

I'm new to the whole beauty business and want to get clients but don't want to come across cheap but don't want to make myself look stupid by charging £40 and results aren't great and they could go somewhere else and get much better.

Charge what u think you are worth at the moment, the most important thing for you at the moment is practice. I was charging £20 for a year, because my lashes wernt great and for £40 in my area I had no clients.

At 20 I got lots of clients, not the best ones but I got practice. To be good at lashes takes time, we are not born overnight doing fab sets it's hard work, dedication and practice, so don't worry about prices. Get models in for donations then it takes the pressure off you and the model knows what they are getting

Also different glues need working with differently so find a glue that suits u, some need a good blob, some don't, there is no right or wrong way to lash, something I have only just learnt, the basic principles are there but for everything else find what work for you

And just practice!!!!

Charge what u think you are worth at the moment, the most important thing for you at the moment is practice. I was charging £20 for a year, because my lashes wernt great and for £40 in my area I had no clients.

At 20 I got lots of clients, not the best ones but I got practice. To be good at lashes takes time, we are not born overnight doing fab sets it's hard work, dedication and practice, so don't worry about prices. Get models in for donations then it takes the pressure off you and the model knows what they are getting

Also different glues need working with differently so find a glue that suits u, some need a good blob, some don't, there is no right or wrong way to lash, something I have only just learnt, the basic principles are there but for everything else find what work for you

And just practice!!!!

Frankie are you going to start offering training, I feel like I literally wasn't taught anything in my training. And felt like the stuff I did get taught was what I already knew as a result of having my own lashes done ie removal.

I'm wondering whether I should invest in a conversion course with a big company.

Frankie are you going to start offering training, I feel like I literally wasn't taught anything in my training. And felt like the stuff I did get taught was what I already knew as a result of having my own lashes done ie removal.

I'm wondering whether I should invest in a conversion course with a big company.

Hey, yes I will be offering training soon. I've just got my PTLLS and need to speak to my insurance tomorrow as to how I go about mentoring people.

I'm not accredited at the moment, currently working on that so I can't train novices, but I can assist already trained techs that hold an accredited qualification with perfecting their skills.

I think that there is a real lack of additional training in this county to assist newly training lash techs or techs that want to learn advanced skills. So this is where I hope to assist and gear the training to suit the individual so they don't cover what they already learnt.

Not everyone want to go on a master lash curse or can afford the high prices I've seen

So watch this space! X

Latest posts

Back