flat nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softpeach

Reaction score
hey all, some of my clients have very flat nail beds and when i apply my usual
brand tips they ping in middle, :grr: instead of cutting and tailoring my tips
is there a tip that is good for flat nails :)

Why not taylor the tips by cutting??

Allot cheaper than buying another box of tips.

Eveyone always wants a shortcut!! I prefer to always taylor the tips to the individual ... I consider it part of my job as a proficient nail technician.

Or sculpt them ... even cheaper and quicker if that is what you are after.

Fab link Judy :wink2: Eclipse is fab - but why not use this opportunity to learn how to sculpt?

I much prefer to do this now and if you try and think of the form being a platform for the application for the product then in many ways it is like a tip - only difference being that the tip adheres to the nail :green:

Best of luck - hope you find a tip (or try out sculpting) :hug:

thanks hun... if only i was creative trained, oooh well the eclipse sound good
:cry: the thread was a good read :hug: x

you can still buy tips and lots of other things from Creative...(Hyperion Group)....its just L&P, Brisa etc that you cant...ring them and ask about a secondary account. x

Why not taylor the tips by cutting??

Allot cheaper than buying another box of tips.

Eveyone always wants a shortcut!! I prefer to always taylor the tips to the individual ... I consider it part of my job as a proficient nail technician.

Or sculpt them ... even cheaper and quicker if that is what you are after.
Fab advice Geeg :green:

sculpting would be ok, but if a client wants tips then thats the way to go,
and as for cutting and and make them fit snug thats fine.... but the tips i have at mo are a real pain and i would rather sculpt any day.

sculpting would be ok, but if a client wants tips then thats the way to go,
and as for cutting and and make them fit snug thats fine.... but the tips i have at mo are a real pain and i would rather sculpt any day.

No hun, you must tell the client what is best. Whether it be sculpting or tipping YOU know what will suit them, not the client.(unless they are a nail tech obviously:) )

:) yeah bin there done that she just wont have any off it :grr: its a case of I'm paying and thats what i want.. so gave up trying :cry:

No hun, you must tell the client what is best. Whether it be sculpting or tipping YOU know what will suit them, not the client.(unless they are a nail tech obviously:) )
Yep I agree once again Judy - Softpeach you may even have to tailor the sculpting forms for you client but IMHO you must do what feels the most comfortable for you - it will mean that you give your client the best service possible :hug:

thanks guys for all your advice i appreciate it, some of us geeks do get the odd clients who think they now more than us and some clients hate change :mad: x

How do you taylor a tip to fit a flat bed? Would you slit the middle a bit?
Thanks,

aj

How do you taylor a tip to fit a flat bed? Would you slit the middle a bit?
Thanks,

aj

Doing as you suggest might just cause the tip to split down the middle eventualy.

Better to choose a tip that is one size too large and then, using curved scissors, trim each side away so that it fits the nailplate from side wall to side wall.

Doing this will reduce the c curve of the tip, thus making it flatter.

Latest posts

Back