Flat nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Have a client with quite flat nail beds what is the best type of tip to use on the nails and how do u build up the apex to give it a nice natural look? Do u apply product in usual way and then add more to appex area does this make sense?

Hi jackie
The best tips for flat nail beds are those with the flattest 'c' curve but, often these are not flat enough. If this is the case chose a tip that is far too wide then file the sides to make it fit perfectly. By doing this you will create a much flatter tip that will not put any stress on the nail bed.
You can create a slightly higher apex to give a an upper arch but make it very gentle or it can look too thick and a bit hooked. Normal application should achieve this if you keep an eye on the profile of the nail.
Hope this helps a bit
marian

sequinto said:
Have a client with quite flat nail beds what is the best type of tip to use on the nails ?

Hi Sequinto

My sister has really flat nails, when she was my bridesmaid 2 years ago I talked her into having her first set of acrylic extensions.
Unfortunately the tech squeezed the wrong size tips with the wrong shaped 'c' curve onto her fingernails and my sister could feel them pulsating as they were lifting the natural plate and when she was laid in bed, swears that she could hear them pulsating too :eek:

I have just about converted her now :lol: and I have found that Creative's Formation tips suit her down to the ground and thankfully no more pulsating ;) .

HTH

Flanakat
x

Hi

I have a client with flat nail beds too, but her sidewalls are really steep! :rolleyes: I used too large a tip with gel bond to fill the gap and then filed off the flared bits and hoped this sealed the gap. :) Did them two weeks ago now - shes booked in for infills next mon so I'll see how well it worked then. Couldnt see any other way to solve this problem. She had had a set done at a local salon for £50, but they hadnt stayed on for even 3 days! Mind you she does have 3 kids and 2 dogs and runs a pub :rolleyes:

Julie

talontastic said:
Hi

I have a client with flat nail beds too, but her sidewalls are really steep! :rolleyes: I used too large a tip with gel bond to fill the gap and then filed off the flared bits and hoped this sealed the gap. :) Did them two weeks ago now - shes booked in for infills next mon so I'll see how well it worked then. Couldnt see any other way to solve this problem. She had had a set done at a local salon for £50, but they hadnt stayed on for even 3 days! Mind you she does have 3 kids and 2 dogs and runs a pub :rolleyes:

Julie

The Eclipse tip is MADE for just this sort of nail shape that you describe. That's why they have different tips ladies, to accommodate the different nail shapes. The notch in the Eclipse tip makes the tip flatten to the nail and it has really steep side walls to wrap around the C curve with no flaring!! Perfect for high arched or square-shapped nail plates.

geeg said:
The Eclipse tip is MADE for just this sort of nail shape that you describe. That's why they have different tips ladies, to accommodate the different nail shapes. The notch in the Eclipse tip makes the tip flatten to the nail and it has really steep side walls to wrap around the C curve with no flaring!! Perfect for high arched or square-shapped nail plates.
Would i still have to file out the well though or just leave it as it is, and if i leave it does it still blend easily

sequinto said:
Would i still have to file out the well though or just leave it as it is, and if i leave it does it still blend easily

I do not know any Creative tip that does not blend easily! The technique is a little ifferent because of the notch in the tip ... obviosly one needs to angle the abrasive so that the natural nail is not touched. If you want to remove the well, then you can, of course but I do not generally do this.

As a matter of interest I timed myself today blending in 10 Velocity tips and it took 6 minutes 30 seconds to do all ten. One minute 20 seconds to apply all ten. If I had cut out the well, fitted and blended it would have taken me longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back