Flirties glue reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emlashes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using flirties glue for 2 months and 3 of my clients have had reactions to the glue. I am mortified to say the least.

I'm halfway through the bottle of expert and have been doing lashes for 7 years having completed advanced training with Xtreme.

I switched to flirties as people were commenting on how good it is but after having to refund 3 other clients after purchasing the black sealant I'm loosing faith in them.

The black sealant stuck to the lashes and would not come off, when I phoned flirties they just dismissed me.

I'm after a decent reccomendation of who to switch to if anybody can assist
thanks
Emma

Hi all,

I've been using flirties glue for 2 months and 3 of my clients have had reactions to the glue. I am mortified to say the least.

I'm halfway through the bottle of expert and have been doing lashes for 7 years having completed advanced training with Xtreme.

I switched to flirties as people were commenting on how good it is but after having to refund 3 other clients after purchasing the black sealant I'm loosing faith in them.

The black sealant stuck to the lashes and would not come off, when I phoned flirties they just dismissed me.

I'm after a decent reccomendation of who to switch to if anybody can assist

thanks

Emma

I experienced the same thing on two clients, I stopped using flirties adhesive and went on to use Fake It lashes glue after it was recommended to me and had no problems since x

|I have been using the same glue for a while. I have done 3 sets and in fills to my friend. After the last one she had a horrible reaction. Her eyelids were very swollen and eyes very itchy and sore:sad:. I had to remove lashes immediately. Thanks God she is ok now.

I've just switched to sugarlash and I love it

thank you ive got something to research now :)

i cant risk my business on an inferior product

I am amazed how flirties representative comment in minutes when anyone asks for training / products.
They should be quicker here as well when it comes to the trouble their product is causing.
I have used the sample pack they gave me and never had problem with any client (touch wood) but things happen and should be changed if not happy.
Have heard good reviews about sky adhesive but have not tried yet.
Good luck hon.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive not had any issues with clients having allergic reactions and used all the Flirties glues for the past 6 years. If you client has had a reaction to glue it's likely they will be allergic to any glue, however you could patch test one of the other glues.

You might find that any client can react to any product at any time. No one is immune against intolerance or allergies but luckily it only happens rarely. For sensitive clients you should always use an odour and fume free adhesive but even with the other adhesives you should be fine if you use a nano mister as we have found that it helps even sensitive clients to enjoy their lashes without problems :)

Last year I tried Flirties glue. I heard some good reviews and finally decide to try it. I liked it from the beginning but only thing is that I prefer a glue which dries tiny bit faster. But it's only my personal opinion. Then I had a problem with it. The glue become white when it dried. The client's eyelids ware slightly white as well. I didn't risk to bay it again.

Last year I tried Flirties glue. I heard some good reviews and finally decide to try it. I liked it from the beginning but only thing is that I prefer a glue which dries tiny bit faster. But it's only my personal opinion. Then I had a problem with it. The glue become white when it dried. The client's eyelids ware slightly white as well. I didn't risk to bay it again.

Sounds like you had some blooming. A chemical reaction with between cyanoacrylate and exposure to too much moisture - maybe watery eyes or over use of a nano mister. This is down to technique or environment rather than the adhesive x

If a glue goes white its generally a sign that either the humidity is too high (could also be the nanomister be held too close) or the client might have watery eyes. This reaction is also called "blooming" and will occur with any adhesive as this is a common reaction between the cyanoacrylate and water/moisture :hug:

I've never used a nanomister but after doing some research I'll get one,

I rang flirties when I first started ordering and no one mentioned or recomended any other tools etc. I also find it quite rude that they 'heart' some peoples replies but haven't bothered replying themselves.

it would be nice if they could reply on here how they recommend to use a nanomister with their products I don't oarticularly want to ring them as it takes forever to get through and the last lady just wanted rid of me as I wasn't being so positive.

I really appreciate the advice from other lashers thanks very much

I've never used a nanomister but after doing some research I'll get one,

I rang flirties when I first started ordering and no one mentioned or recomended any other tools etc. I also find it quite rude that they 'heart' some peoples replies but haven't bothered replying themselves.

it would be nice if they could reply on here how they recommend to use a nanomister with their products I don't oarticularly want to ring them as it takes forever to get through and the last lady just wanted rid of me as I wasn't being so positive.

I really appreciate the advice from other lashers thanks very much

Please see our reply above 😊 regarding the blooming. It is not necessary to use a nano mister but it can help with quicker curing times, retention and is also perfect for sensitive clients.

Simply use it after you have applied the extensions by lightly misting the lashes. We get fabulous feedback from customers who have tried it and you can also see the feedback on our facebook page and the Flirties beauty chat group but if there is anything else we can help with please feel free to contact us.

Try AHFrancis Problend Glue, I love it. They always give a great service too.

If a glue goes white its generally a sign that either the humidity is too high (could also be the nanomister be held too close) or the client might have watery eyes. This reaction is also called "blooming" and will occur with any adhesive as this is a common reaction between the cyanoacrylate and water/moisture :hug:

My experience in eyelash extensions is around 10 years. I tried a lot of adhesives include cheep and bad quality ones but I never ever seen any reaction from the glue! many years ago I had bad experience with a bad quality glues when lashes fall off quickly or it was hard to attach them. But I believe it shouldn't be any allergic reaction or as you say "blooming"!

Sounds like you had some blooming. A chemical reaction with between cyanoacrylate and exposure to too much moisture - maybe watery eyes or over use of a nano mister. This is down to technique or environment rather than the adhesive x

my experience in eyelash extensions is around 10 years and trust me I have learned how to do lash extensions! I didn't use nanomister and client's eyes wasn't even watery.

90% of clients are okay, it's just the odd few they have been having them for a while then start to react and it builds up over time.

What products do you use Beauty Clinic?

I think Ill order a nanomister today it can't hurt I'll see how I get on, would you apply a thin coat of flirties sealant after the application as well or instead of?

thanks for the help everyone x

My experience in eyelash extensions is around 10 years. I tried a lot of adhesives include cheep and bad quality ones but I never ever seen any reaction from the glue! many years ago I had bad experience with a bad quality glues when lashes fall off quickly or it was hard to attach them. But I believe it shouldn't be any allergic reaction or as you say "blooming"!

I haven't suggested you are inexperienced, just tried to help you by explaining what blooming is. It is a chemical reaction between cyanoacrylate and moisture, and from your description, it sounds as if that was what happened. Blooming is not an allergic reaction x

Hi Emlashes, I also trained in Xtreme after previously training with another company and not being satisfied. The UK distributor closed down before I got my certificate (after they had my money!!). I did like their glue and do miss it but was told I would have to get it directly from America with the shipping costs! I am still searching for a replacement so any comments appreciated. I have currently been using flirties for the last 12 months. I do wonder wether it is worth paying the extra cost and getting hold of Xtreme again :?:

Latest posts

Back