Floor protection from wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane Mason

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Does anybody have any suggestions about how to protect carpet in a salon from wax? The place I'm looking at has a carpeted area where I would set up my waxing. Any suggestions for a mat to put under the beauty couch or any suggestions in how others have dealt with this?
Thanks
J

I'm mobile and use a plastic dust/decorators sheet from b&q to protect my clients carpets

Would you recommend I just use something like that each time I wax or is there anything I could use that's more permanent? I was thinking of those hard plastic mats that you sometimes see under computer desks (if you know what I'm talking about) but I want something that looks professional and nice.
Is the thing you're talking about quite cheap in cost and like a big plastic liner basically? Sorry this is something new to me since I've always been on tiles.
Thanks for your help

Would you recommend I just use something like that each time I wax or is there anything I could use that's more permanent? I was thinking of those hard plastic mats that you sometimes see under computer desks (if you know what I'm talking about) but I want something that looks professional and nice.
Is the thing you're talking about quite cheap in cost and like a big plastic liner basically? Sorry this is something new to me since I've always been on tiles.
Thanks for your help

Hi ya

I am in the same boat. My new salon is carpeted and as I cannot afford to change it I am going to have to find ways of protecting it also. I was looking at something in a kiddies toy shop the other day. It was like a big matt (vinyl) i think, kids use it to paint on I wold assume but it was thin enough for me to be able to roll up after use but wouldn't look out of place on the floor if you know what I mean. I may well go for that x

Hi ya

I am in the same boat. My new salon is carpeted and as I cannot afford to change it I am going to have to find ways of protecting it also. I was looking at something in a kiddies toy shop the other day. It was like a big matt (vinyl) i think, kids use it to paint on I wold assume but it was thin enough for me to be able to roll up after use but wouldn't look out of place on the floor if you know what I mean. I may well go for that x

I was just looking at something like that. A heavy duty vinyl roll up thing. I'm just concerned that it may look tacky and cheap.

I was just looking at something like that. A heavy duty vinyl roll up thing. I'm just concerned that it may look tacky and cheap.

I know exactly what you mean hun, I am planning on putting mine down when the client is relaxed in the chair and then whipping it away before he/she get off the couch so although she will be aware I am protecting my floor she / he will not actually see it down x

I cannot think of any other options. I rarely have any spillage of wax as everything is close by but I know if i don't put something down it'll happen :) x

Hey everyone,
Does anybody have any suggestions about how to protect carpet in a salon from wax? The place I'm looking at has a carpeted area where I would set up my waxing. Any suggestions for a mat to put under the beauty couch or any suggestions in how others have dealt with this?
Thanks
J
These floor protectors from Ikea may be of use...

KOLON Floor protector - IKEA

If you're thinking of a strong vinyl sheet which you could put Down/ pick up easily, they have this type of thing on rolls in 'the range', ( also John Lewis, but more expensive).

It is in store as table cloth, but you can choose the pattern and thickness. It would be very easy to wash, use wax remover on, and folds very small when not in use.
If you buy a thick one, around the size for under a couch plus extra for any drips, would probably be not much more than £15

I bought a sheet of this in a pretty pattern to use to protect my new tables from scratches when the children are playing and also for when I am doing nails!

I have vinyl flooring in a wooden floor pattern, I got a off cut from floor shop it is big enough to go under whole table and looks good. Clients keep making comments about how soft it is to stand on.

Thanks guys, some fabulous ideas x

I love the IKEA sheets x

Thanks guys, some fabulous ideas x

I love the IKEA sheets x
The Ikea sheets are great as they are durable, easy to clean and hardly visible on your floor.. I used them when I was toilet training my puppy!

Just a thought but how about the companys that print banners....they would be washable and u could have your logo or salon name printed on them.... 😄 You could then choose colour size etc !!!

I am pretty sure that health and safety wont allow you to have carpet in a salon...not 100% sure but am sure that there was another post on here a while ago about the same kind of thing. I would prefer to have a surface that I could mop with disinfectant...couldnt you remove the carpet and put he vinyl flooring down? xxxx

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I love the IKEA one, I'm going to check that one out! I really don't spill either but as one post mentioned, as soon as you don't have any protection in place is when you're going to spill. Thanks again guys!!
j

Latest posts

Back