Quantcast

Foiling with bleach and Wella Koleston?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

discohair

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, i'm foiling a clients hair next week, she currently has 2/3 inches regrowth and bleach on mid l and ends, she is a base 7/8, she wants to keep with the bleach but also wants a caramel added to break it up, i was thinking of x2 bleach packets with x1 7/38 wella koleston, i have 7/37 but worried it might come out too gold? Any thoughts or different ideas? Much appreciated, a little low on colour confidence x

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, i'm foiling a clients hair next week, she currently has 2/3 inches regrowth and bleach on mid l and ends, she is a base 7/8, she wants to keep with the bleach but also wants a caramel added to break it up, i was thinking of x2 bleach packets with x1 7/38 wella koleston, i have 7/37 but worried it might come out too gold? Any thoughts or different ideas? Much appreciated, a little low on colour confidence x
i dont use well so don't know the colours, but use colour touch for the lowlights, not koleston.

discohair

Reaction score
Thanks for reply , won't it fade quicker though? Her hair isn't porous, and is in good condition?

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Quasi are always better than permanent x

discohair

Reaction score
When covering bleach or just in general? X

Bluerinse

Reaction score

discohair

Reaction score
Can i ask why u think this? X

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Quasi is conditions and because of how the molecule is formed and how it works with the activator it's better for the hair x

discohair

Reaction score
Oh ok, thanks its good to get others opinions, and i value yours x

Fuzion

Reaction score
Quasi is conditions and because of how the molecule is formed and how it works with the activator it's better for the hair x
Sorry to butt in, but when would you use a quasi and when a permanent ?

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Sorry to butt in, but when would you use a quasi and when a permanent ?
Permanent for lift and grey coverage...I don't know about blue as I use a different brand but I find reds are much better with permanent and 10% than in quasi.
You use affinage don't you fuzion? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else lol

discohair

Reaction score
Hi perry i value your opinion also! My client has got 20/30% grey , a quasi won't give coverage will it? I might use 6% on roots (koleston) and use same but with pastel developer on mids and ends?

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hi perry i value your opinion also! My client has got 20/30% grey , a quasi won't give coverage will it? I might use 6% on roots (koleston) and use same but with pastel developer on mids and ends?
I'm not great with wella, I've only used it in small amounts so I can't help you there I'm afraid. Although something in the back of my mind is saying 'colour touch blends, colour touch plus covers lol'

Hair We Go

Reaction score
Colour Touch covers 50% white/grey
Colour Touch plus covers 70% white/grey
Koleston covers 100%

#i use wella :)

discohair

Reaction score
Hi, what would u use, ( relating to my original post) i've just moved from majirel to wella x

Bluerinse

Reaction score
I'd do 7/37 really nice colour or like I've said somewhere else, 7.3 with 5ml 7.0 Is great too :) x

Latest posts