Foils-how close to the scalp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its High lift tint it's around 60 mins wait... Or even if u use 6% bleach u got leave for longer. It's around 3 hours anyway that is a lot ;(

Why is it a lot? They are paying for quality. That means time! If you can't commit to giving every client quality... Give up!

Tigi highlifts are 35 and you shouldnt really need to leave your prelightener on for 50 mins if you are then your lifting from a really dark base and in my opnion it would look crap x

I use wella. And it's 60mins even some geeks on here said the last 10 mins is the most important mins so we have to wait...

I mean to take foils out and then rinse shampoo and conditioner at college they said we have 15 to do
It lol

I do all that in about 10 mins! Give or take a couple of mins! They might teach you that but this is salon real time not college pretend time!

Why is it a lot? They are paying for quality. That means time! If you can't commit to giving every client quality... Give up!

I did not say I can't commit did I? I just said its a lot that's all. It is tho...

I use wella. And it's 60mins even some geeks on here said the last 10 mins is the most important mins so we have to wait...

I get an extra 25 mins to play with then ;)

I do all that in about 10 mins! Give or take a couple of mins! They might teach you that but this is salon real time not college pretend time!

Good for u ;). I never timed my self in. Doing it just said 15 mins as its fair

But I will time next time.

It depends on your brand thiago thats right for wella but tigi is only 35. Ive worked with stylists that take 2 and a half hours for application alone !!! But the foils were incredible and the clients new it they wouldnt of paid the price otherwise x

All my salons timed you before I qualified! Over 10mins and you had to do all the shampooing all week! You soon learned!

I've been hairdressing 15 years and two it still takes me a good hour & 15
Mins to do a good, even, close to the root full head foils. Any quicker and I don't feel like I've given it the care and attention it needs. I'd say, 30 mind develop and then an hour but & fin (including washing off) so yeah it's about 3 hours including a good consultation. You can't rush these things. And this is why a full head of foils Should be one of the more expensive things on your price list!

All my salons timed you before I qualified! Over 10mins and you had to do all the shampooing all week! You soon learned!

I guess yeah but I will time myself and see but 10 min should be enough... I just feel like some clients get bored of waiting so long I can see in their eyes lol

Were I trained we had little colour timers at the backwash so we had to wet the hair shampoo and condition for the exact amount of time so every client got the same experiance after my first year the timers were took away and if we couldnt get it right with 2minutes either way we werent signed off!! X

It depends on your brand thiago thats right for wella but tigi is only 35. Ive worked with stylists that take 2 and a half hours for application alone !!! But the foils were incredible and the clients new it they wouldnt of paid the price otherwise x

Think I will buy some tigi high lift tint from salon direct and try them out.

Think I will buy some tigi high lift tint from salon direct and try them out.

Please don't! Unless you understand truly how they while range qorks

Please don't! Unless you understand truly how they while range qorks

If its in salon direct anyone can buy I guess I could get some and try in my dolls or friends for free ;) or in some real hair and see how they work.

How old are you ? X

Under all the Botox I'm 23, 24 in September, Thiago....stick to one brand until your comfortable with it, wella is different to tigi in many ways!

There are only 3 high lift tint can't be hard to use? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back