Foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
does anyone know of a good web site where i can buy nice foils from? i dont live in the uk and struggle to find something a bit different!!

***removed advertising***

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!!! why have i never seen this site before?!?!? perfect ta xxxxx

Fab just what I am looking for! Do you know does the adhesive or foil 'go off' as I had some from Rio about a year or so ago and getting it to come off the roll onto the nail is sooooo difficult :irked: I will go shopping on your site I think :)

certainly not that i know of rio products imho terrible
adell

If you want different and beautiful then try out Minx.

Easily shipped abroad and the effect is so much more stunning than foils IMHO.

www.minxnails.com/training.asp

available from sweet squared 08452106060

No need for messy adhesive ... easy to handle ... durable and last for weeks on end ... remove with no solvents ... no top coat .. no waiting to dry .. availale in hundreds of different nail art designs.

Attachments

• minx-toes bt gigi.jpg
    minx-toes bt gigi.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 102
I'd like more info on what exactly training with Minx is (duration, what exactly is covered, and that sort of thing) and more about the product and what exactly it is.
I don't like that to learn more about the product and/or training, I have no other option but to "buy now" a training kit.

I'd like more info on what exactly training with Minx is (duration, what exactly is covered, and that sort of thing) and more about the product and what exactly it is.
I don't like that to learn more about the product and/or training, I have no other option but to "buy now" a training kit.

Not sure what you are on about.

The link in my post is my free gift to you ... normally you have to pay to see this. It is the class basically.

I learned without any class .. I am a nail technician and I couldn't wait so taught myself. God, it's not that difficult.

There is loads of info here on the site re Minx and exactly what it is and also on the US Minx site. Plus a step by step. Not inaccessible info.

Thanks!I didn't realize the link was usually inaccessible and figured I'd had a blonde moment and just couldn't find it on the site.

I had thought that they were simple enough, but I thought also I must be missing something since a class was required to purchase them.

And I'm not trying to upset anyone, or cause a ruckus, but I have a question that's niggling at me. Honestly, I'm not looking for a huge argument. I just can't stand having questions beating around in my mind.

What is the difference between Minx and the strips by Avon and also by I think it's Maybeline (saw them in the department store makeup dept)?

I seem to remember a thread where everyone bashed the strips by Avon..... and now we have Minx.

Just curious. I didn't see a difference in the video. So I have to assume it's the assortment of colours and 'maybe' the longevity of the product? (since I haven't tried the others).

Thanks again for the vid link.

Thanks!I didn't realize the link was usually inaccessible and figured I'd had a blonde moment and just couldn't find it on the site.

I had thought that they were simple enough, but I thought also I must be missing something since a class was required to purchase them.

And I'm not trying to upset anyone, or cause a ruckus, but I have a question that's niggling at me. Honestly, I'm not looking for a huge argument. I just can't stand having questions beating around in my mind.

What is the difference between Minx and the strips by Avon and also by I think it's Maybeline (saw them in the department store makeup dept)?

I seem to remember a thread where everyone bashed the strips by Avon..... and now we have Minx.

Just curious. I didn't see a difference in the video. So I have to assume it's the assortment of colours and 'maybe' the longevity of the product? (since I haven't tried the others).

Thanks again for the vid link.

I think you will find they are much tougher and more durable as clients want them to last at least 3 weeks. Minx do not move they are stuck like you "know what "to a shovel !! :lol: They are a Professional product and I believe the stance on taking a class in North America is because they are basically only selling Minx to "A" salons and want them to be doing them absolutely correctly.

The stance they have taken in the UK is a little different. They think everyone should have the chance to use Minx and to wear Minx, whether they are an "A" salon with only "A" list clients or ordinary mortals like the rest of us. That is why I posted the link for FREE.

Victoria Beckham and Beyoncé and others have done allot for Minx as they adore them, but I don't see why they are the only ones who should have access to them. Nor do I see why only "A" salons should be able to purchase them.

I was wondering what minx was and am so pleased that today, I found out. thank you so much for sharing that link and i think next week ill be stood by my door waiting for my postie to deliver me some! I am aim to be the first one on the phone monday morning ordering some!

tigi

Thanks Gigi so much for your thoughtful reply and not taking me the wrong way. I was so afraid :Scared:someone would get mad at me for the question LOL:lol:

I tend to agree, I think they are simple enough that anyone who can read and can think should be able to learn how to do them. They 'should' be made available to everyone.

I wonder when they'll hit Canada?

Thanks again!

PS: does the surface of "Minx" allow for the addition of nail art (such as a free-hand painted flower or similar). And, another question: has anyone experimented with encasing them in uv gel or L&P? Yes, that does sound like an odd question, but I'll explain. I like to add all sorts of things and not stick to one colour. But say if I loved the pattern of a particular minx, but wanted to add something or other (dried flowers, lazer strips, whatever, for the sake of argument) that is not as tough as minx and needs to be encased or top-coated with gloss for longevity... Can Minx be encased? I'm thinking yes, it could... but wondered if anyone had tried.
thanks again!

Last edited:
Well, Victoria I think you could be the person to answer these questions for us??

I don't know anyone who has tried doing what you suggest. There is enough pattern on most of the Minx that most people would feel any more would be overkill, but there are some plain designs too which some might feel need more embellishment. In any case, I don't know anyone who has tried but Minx are still new and if I know nail technicians, someone will give it a go and tell US!! Probably you!!!:hug:

Thanks Gigi so much for your thoughtful reply and not taking me the wrong way. I was so afraid :Scared:someone would get mad at me for the question LOL:lol:

I tend to agree, I think they are simple enough that anyone who can read and can think should be able to learn how to do them. They 'should' be made available to everyone.

I wonder when they'll hit Canada?

Thanks again!

PS: does the surface of "Minx" allow for the addition of nail art (such as a free-hand painted flower or similar). And, another question: has anyone experimented with encasing them in uv gel or L&P? Yes, that does sound like an odd question, but I'll explain. I like to add all sorts of things and not stick to one colour. But say if I loved the pattern of a particular minx, but wanted to add something or other (dried flowers, lazer strips, whatever, for the sake of argument) that is not as tough as minx and needs to be encased or top-coated with gloss for longevity... Can Minx be encased? I'm thinking yes, it could... but wondered if anyone had tried.
thanks again!

ROFL:lol:

I probably would if it wasn't so very cost prohibitive for me at the moment (shipping, exchange rates especially).
I'm sure most minx stand out on their own.
But my thoughts were a bit here, a piece there... a piece cut into a shape... etc.. I had all kinds of ideas...
But... my dist's don't have it yet... and for me as a stand alone tech, to order it.. as I said, cost prohibitive.

BUT I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it lands here of all the experiments I intend to embark upon and their good AND bad results hehehe:lol:

Hi there,

I am a new minx user and I just wanted to let everyone know they are great! You can't put nail art on it, well at least not the colors I have tried. oh and acetone makes the polish/color come off and then a clear film is just left. I love love them though. I wish they weren't so pricey to try. 10 bucks a set is high to just practice with.

Hi there,

I am a new minx user and I just wanted to let everyone know they are great! You can't put nail art on it, well at least not the colors I have tried. oh and acetone makes the polish/color come off and then a clear film is just left. I love love them though. I wish they weren't so pricey to try. 10 bucks a set is high to just practice with.

you know what ?? The price really is not high .. sorry to disagree but you can get it back in one go. As for practise?? They do not need so much pracTise if you are a good technician. I did Samantha's feet for the photo the very first time I HAD EVER USED THEM. We are professionals and ths frankly is childs play. x

Latest posts

Back