Food dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyantha

Reaction score
I did a friends nails a couple of weeks ago. L&p tips finished off with a gelish top coat.

She makes cakes for a living and had to take the nails off after a couple of days as she struggled with cake mixture getting stuck under them but also the food colouring stained them making them look really dirty.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove it so that she can have the lovely nails she craves?

I did a friends nails a couple of weeks ago. L&p tips finished off with a gelish top coat.

She makes cakes for a living and had to take the nails off after a couple of days as she struggled with cake mixture getting stuck under them but also the food colouring stained them making them look really dirty.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove it so that she can have the lovely nails she craves?
Sorry if this is really obvious but can she not wear gloves? Surely that would stop the food dye problem. Not only that, if it were me I'd be scared incase a nail came off in the cake mix :Scared: x

Obvious but a good point and I have suggested this but as she's doing it all day everyday she says she wouldn't like her hands in gloves all day. Will just suggest she just has weekend nails for those special occasions.

I have a client who does cakes too but I use just gelish on her natural nails. We have done dark colours and French colours and never had a problem. She is well chuffed cos she thought they wouldn't last. Maybe try something like that on her.

Fab thank you I'll try that. She has nice nails just very short so the gelish would give a bit of strength & keep them looking pretty & shiny x

Just to add, the gelish has never discoloured either when she colours icing and she never wears gloves and always has her hands in water!! As you can expect she's over the moon and has got me loads of clients!!

Latest posts

Back