Forgetful bride or just plain rude?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you confide in a mutual friend and get them to bring the subject up? Xx

I'm most definitely not a bridesmaid anymore. She clearly stated her two cousins are bridesmaids, you wouldn't say that if I was included.
It will be a difficult one to bring up with her as I've not seen or spoken to her since, before Xmas. She's not made any effort to contact me either. I'll admit she's rubbish when it comes to texting back (replies take weeks sometimes) but it's almost as if she's fading me out so she doesn't have to deal with it.
Then again I have to remind her every time we go to the hairdressers (we go together), I didn't last month and she didn't turn up. Text her later that day and told her and she seemed to have genuinely forgot. Luckily my hairdresser is a very old friend and is very understanding.

I'm most definitely not a bridesmaid anymore. She clearly stated her two cousins are bridesmaids, you wouldn't say that if I was included.
It will be a difficult one to bring up with her as I've not seen or spoken to her since, before Xmas. She's not made any effort to contact me either. I'll admit she's rubbish when it comes to texting back (replies take weeks sometimes) but it's almost as if she's fading me out so she doesn't have to deal with it.
Then again I have to remind her every time we go to the hairdressers (we go together), I didn't last month and she didn't turn up. Text her later that day and told her and she seemed to have genuinely forgot. Luckily my hairdresser is a very old friend and is very understanding.

girl why all this faffing around?

ask her directly if you are bridesmaid and if not then why did she drop you?

friends don't treat each other like that

and if she has dropped you then really think whether she is the kind of girl you want to be around or go to her wedding

and if she has dropped you then really think whether she is the kind of girl you want to be around or go to her wedding

Exactly what i think. Dont need people like that in your life

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know why so many women turn into monsters around their wedding. It's supposed to be a day to celebrate being in love. Not what the bridesmaids look like, or how good the hair is!

They loose total respect for friends, and those around them, so awful!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know why so many women turn into monsters around their wedding. It's supposed to be a day to celebrate being in love. Not what the bridesmaids look like, or how good the hair is!

They loose total respect for friends, and those around them, so awful!

Unfortunately for me I've met my fair share of women who don't need a wedding day to be god awful people/friends.

I should be seeing my friend in a week or two and will raise this all with her. Thanks though guys x

This is a relationship of convenience....

At Her convenience only.

She picks up and puts you down when she wants, she loves the fact that you are at here beck and call.

She prob enjoys the fact you chase her with texts to 'reminder her' of things you have planned.

The fact that she doesn't turn up if you don't badger her speaks volumes .

I hope for your sake she will honour her promise and make you a bridesmaid, however like many people with her personality trait they do tend to string others along and make empty gestures for their own personal gain or as a way of controlling people.

move on and invest your time in people who are genuine friends and don't mess you about.

If she was a really friend she would of clarified your position as a bridesmaid ages ago without having to to asked

This is a relationship of convenience....

At Her convenience only.

She picks up and puts you down when she wants, she loves the fact that you are at here beck and call.

She prob enjoys the fact you chase her with texts to 'reminder her' of things you have planned.

The fact that she doesn't turn up if you don't badger her speaks volumes .

I hope for your sake she will honour her promise and make you a bridesmaid, however like many people with her personality trait they do tend to string others along and make empty gestures for their own personal gain or as a way of controlling people.

move on and invest your time in people who are genuine friends and don't mess you about.

If she was a really friend she would of clarified your position as a bridesmaid ages ago without having to to asked

Especially when you have a 3 month old baby! It sounds like your too nice, too happy to help. People mistake it for a weakness, but don't let them walk over you. Tell her your not happy see what she says x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Surly if you are having to travel abroad for the wedding as guest or bridesmaid, she would be checking that you had booked flights or a ferry over there well in advance?

RSVPs go out a least 6 months before wedding, sooner if it is aboard because if flights etc

Having worked in the bridal industry for 14 years I'am only too aware that when brides get engaged they ask all and sundry to be 'their bridesmaids' at first then regret it over time and some are then 'forgotten' or assigned new roles.

Also I don't know many brides that leave buying their bridesmaids dresses until 4 months before their wedding.

We received the save the date card last year, we haven't received anything since.

I'm getting the feeling we are no longer invited either. Apparently they were sending the invites out end of January. So even 2nd class post it would have arrived by now.

I'm going to be super p****d off if we aren't invited anymore after booking flights and the hotel etc. if that's the case I hope to god I can get some of my money back.

Think I will approach the subject sooner just to get it over and done with. X

If you gave booked flights and hotels,
Call her now!

Meeting her later for a coffee. Will let you all know how it goes later.

Thanks again guys. X

We received the save the date card last year, we haven't received anything since.

I'm getting the feeling we are no longer invited either. Apparently they were sending the invites out end of January. So even 2nd class post it would have arrived by now.

I'm going to be super p****d off if we aren't invited anymore after booking flights and the hotel etc. if that's the case I hope to god I can get some of my money back.

Think I will approach the subject sooner just to get it over and done with. X

The wedding is abroad and you've booked hotel and flights and you don't think you're invited anymore?! The girl sounds horrendous! If be absolutely fuming if someone had done that to me!

Golly whats happened. Not nice!

If you can't get things refunded and you've been uninvited then have a lovely holiday and drive her mad that you're there having a good time not at her wedding. Remind her of how horrible she is every time she sees you relaxing at the bar or enjoying the scenery!

You gave very clearly pissed her off....maybe she felt you were too rapped up in your stuff ??

How do you come to that conclusion? She's already said shes done stuff for her that arent her responsibility without questioning. Just sounds like typical bride syndrome to me... and like someone else said probably decided she'd asked to many people so has cut back

You gave very clearly pissed her off....maybe she felt you were too rapped up in your stuff ??

What stuff ... Her own baby??

She offered to plan the hen night, helped find presents and used to ring the friend to remind her of things she would usually forget. She doesn't sound wrapped up with herself to me

What thread were you reading? Definitely not the same one as me describing a classic Bridezilla. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back