Forgetful bride or just plain rude?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph,great to see you on here..thanks xxx

What does :biggrin: mean?

:biggrin: I use it instead of posting a phrase such as <light hearted> at the end of a post.

I think that's a fairly common usage for emoji's?

:biggrin: I use it instead of posting a phrase such as at the end of a post.

I think that's a fairly common usage for emoji's?

Is it suppose to be a smiley/emoji? As only the word Biggrin shows up surrounded by :: on my SG app.

Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423517824.441109.jpg

Yes, it's a smiley face.

Ah, that's very interesting. I didn't know that.
I access SG via the Safari web browser not the App.

I'll post a report to the techies and see what advice they can offer.

Thanks for letting me know. <smile>

I'd be careful around her in future, if she is happy to drop you that easily then she may not be that good a friend! x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd be careful around her in future, if she is happy to drop you that easily then she may not be that good a friend! x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

It really comes down to context. Say if the brides family is religious or has a cultural background, things might be different. I have romanian friends.They didn't like their sons gf so they came to his house (while she was away) and packed/moved all his stuff in one day and banned him from seeing her. He was 23 at the time. They are now secretly seeing each other but for a while they wouldn't let him even touch his phone without them having to go through it in front of him.

My point is these situations aren't always black and white. It depends on the context.

It really comes down to context. Say if the brides family is religious or has a cultural background, things might be different. I have romanian friends.They didn't like their sons gf so they came to his house (while she was away) and packed/moved all his stuff in one day and banned him from seeing her. He was 23 at the time. They are now secretly seeing each other but for a while they wouldn't let him even touch his phone without them having to go through it in front of him.

My point is these situations aren't always black and white. It depends on the context.

Very well said my point exactly it's not always the full storey what we read xx

Very well said my point exactly it's not always the full storey what we read xx

Exactly. And we are also hearing one side. It's like anything. There is 100 point of views to one story.

The point of the Chat Forum is to offer support and advice to the OP, just as you would if you were sat in the staff room chatting. A lot of geeks work on their own and find it helpful to bounce ideas off each other and seek second opinions. It can be really helpful to get another perspective on things from someone who isn't remotely involved.

It's not about sitting in judgement, listening to all the evidence and pronouncing a verdict. I'll leave that to others.

The point of the Chat Forum is to offer support and advice to the OP, just as you would if you were sat in the staff room chatting. A lot of geeks work on their own and find it helpful to bounce ideas off each other and seek second opinions. It can be really helpful to get another perspective on things from someone who isn't remotely involved.

It's not about sitting in judgement, listening to all the evidence and pronouncing a verdict. I'll leave that to others.

Very very contradictive of you there AcidPerm....considering I pointed out the other day that it's a shame we argue over having differant opinions of other peoples problems on her and your response was 'that's what public forums are for :biggrin:!!!! so I guess maybe you enjoy watching an argument unfold....maybe you supply the bullets then watch the fight...you have just said 'you leave that to the others....

But been a moderator I guess you can just simply delete my point of view or even still report me....

This is all getting ridiculously out of hand! Everyone has voiced their opinion and it's up to the OP to take whatever advice she wants.

To be honest I don't care about the 100 sides of the story - we'd be here all day dissecting it all. The OP needed some advice, a rant and to just relieve a burden. I personally find the reasoning for not being a bridesmaid odd but perhaps in situations like this to agree to disagree. Life is too short to have online arguments.

Xx

As the OP seems to have resolved her issue with her friend and is content with the outcome I see no benefit in keeping this thread open any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back