Forgetful bride or just plain rude?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stuff ... Her own baby??

She offered to plan the hen night, helped find presents and used to ring the friend to remind her of things she would usually forget. She doesn't sound wrapped up with herself to me

Blossom and AcidPerm calm your selfs down.....I am offering an opinion i dont
need to be personally attacked!!!!!! She has very clearly pissed the girl off,we don't know the whole picture

How do you come to that conclusion? She's already said shes done stuff for her that arent her responsibility without questioning. Just sounds like typical bride syndrome to me... and like someone else said probably decided she'd asked to many people so has cut back

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I have drawn this conclusion because to decide to actually not even invite her she is trying to freeze her out so she must of done something to piss her off...I don't think people could actually be that nasty as to do it for no reason.I have been a bride,I have watched all my friends,cousins etc be brides and I have never seen 'typical bride syndrome' this spiteful so it must be for a reason

Guys. How about we wait for what actually happened?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have drawn this conclusion because to decide to actually not even invite her she is trying to freeze her out so she must of done something to piss her off...I don't think people could actually be that nasty as to do it for no reason.I have been a bride,I have watched all my friends,cousins etc be brides and I have never seen 'typical bride syndrome' this spiteful so it must be for a reason

Not really. Sounds like a typical woman to me. Malicious creatures

Not really. Sounds like a typical woman to me. Malicious creatures

I disagree I think the bride will have her own version of events as to why she feels like freezing her out

Ive experienced this myself. Its usually when people over invite. And ive also seen a friend freeze out a bridesmaid. Its usually the bride

Ive experienced this myself. Its usually when people over invite. And ive also seen a friend freeze out a bridesmaid. Its usually the bride

You strike me as a very argumentative character so what ever I say you will pipe up and disagree so I will leave it at that

Well it was extremely interesting yesterday and not what I expected!

So I'll try and keep it short, sweet and to the point.
So the bride has been engaged for like 2/3 years now with no rush on getting married. Her mother and MIL-to be have pushed the couple to get married. Which the couple decided okay let's get married.

The bride was enjoying choosing and make decisions for her wedding (including me as a bridesmaid). As the dates got closer her mother has interfered more and more with big decisions. Turns out they have been arguing a lot about practically every element of the wedding. The bride has been pushed by her family to have everything how they want it, including bridesmaids.

The bride is very good at standing up for herself but she's so stressed by it all she's given up trying to fight her family. She didn't say anything to me about not being a bridesmaid because she was too ashamed and upset at how things have turned up.

She knows that's no excuse and was (in tears) with how much she's let me down as a friend.

So all cleared up, she's not the bridezilla (and I didn't piss her off by offering help) the mother is.

Thanks everyone for helping me approach the subject with her. Now I've got my friend back and I've forgiven her, for her mothers annoyances. X

Well it was extremely interesting yesterday and not what I expected!

So I'll try and keep it short, sweet and to the point.
So the bride has been engaged for like 2/3 years now with no rush on getting married. Her mother and MIL-to be have pushed the couple to get married. Which the couple decided okay let's get married.

The bride was enjoying choosing and make decisions for her wedding (including me as a bridesmaid). As the dates got closer her mother has interfered more and more with big decisions. Turns out they have been arguing a lot about practically every element of the wedding. The bride has been pushed by her family to have everything how they want it, including bridesmaids.

The bride is very good at standing up for herself but she's so stressed by it all she's given up trying to fight her family. She didn't say anything to me about not being a bridesmaid because she was too ashamed and upset at how things have turned up.

She knows that's no excuse and was (in tears) with how much she's let me down as a friend.

So all cleared up, she's not the bridezilla (and I didn't piss her off by offering help) the mother is.

Thanks everyone for helping me approach the subject with her. Now I've got my friend back and I've forgiven her, for her mothers annoyances. X

fair play to you, you are a forgiving friend.

She's one to watch though...

It sounds like a rather dramatic excuse...I would cancel a wedding rather than be forced to offend or drop one of my ladies from the bridal party

but then I'm a leo lol loyal to the very end

So are you still invited?

Ashamed or not she should of told you sooner

As someone else said it all sounds very dramatic, I just hope for your sake it true.

If my mother told me who to invite and when to get married I would tell her to jog on.

Blossom and AcidPerm calm your selfs down.....I am offering an opinion i dont
need to be personally attacked!!!!!! She has very clearly pissed the girl off,we don't know the whole picture

If you re read my post you will see it was directed at you but in no way was a personal attack. I dont do attacks, personal or otherwise. But i couldn't see where you were coming from as lilcheekymonkey sounded anything but selfish and i thought your comment was unfair. That is all

So ... Glad it is sorted now and your friendship still intact. Its a pity she didnt explain to you as you wouldn't have felt all this hurt etc but you dont need me to tell you that. :). Enjoy! Xx

I haven't commented yet but I have been following the thread, so are you still invited?

I find that all a little odd....

I find that all a little odd....

Me too maybe it was a dramatic excuse.....either way she has decided she needs to reduce her bridesmaids,for what ever reason it can't be easy.....

Me too maybe it was a dramatic excuse.....either way she has decided she needs to reduce her bridesmaids,for what ever reason it can't be easy.....

But you don't leave it until 4 months before the wedding to tell your 'friend' that they are not in the bridal party anymore.

If the op had not confronted her she quite happy to let the op carry on believing she was a bridesmaid.

Or was she planning on sending the op a text while the plane is taxiing down the runway while on a flight to Sweden?!

That is just not something you do to a friend.

Completely agree

But you don't leave it until 4 months before the wedding to tell your 'friend' that they are not in the bridal party anymore.

If the op had not confronted her she quite happy to let the op carry on believing she was a bridesmaid.

Or was she planning on sending the op a text while the plane is taxiing down the runway while on a flight to Sweden?!

That is just not something you do to a friend.

We really must have so much time on our hands all disagreeing and bickering over OTHER peoples problems...people we havnt even met..........

We really must have so much time on our hands all disagreeing and bickering over OTHER peoples problems...people we havnt even met..........

Yep, that's the whole point of an Internet Forum, lol. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back