Form Misery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeahNails

Reaction score
Im reallly struggling with fitting forms, is it me or the forms? I use gel.

Im using forms from nouveau nails which have both oval and flat cut out to supposedly fit all, but I dont think there is enough form to fit round a finger and they are badly placed. They.'ve even pinged open inside the lamp without me knowing and I had to start again. I get seepage too.

Wondering about NSI clear forms. Or is it me thats rubbish? Im thinking about getting clear tips now.

Does anyone use nsi clear forms? They seem to have enough form to wrap and secure but I dont know if its worth it

I sometimes struggle when there isn't much of a free edge.. so I'd like to see what everyone else says! X

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeekp

Greg Salo from Young Nails does a good tutorial video on You Tube on fitting forms :wink2:

Hi angel,

I have read these, and am wracking my brains. I think I may be pulling the form too tight so theres a gap between the nail and form. I think its because the forms unpeel so im overcompensating..... Could that be possible? I originally had the gold square ones and couldn't get a nice fit with those either. Maybe I am just randomly buying forms with no idea what qualities to look for in them!

I may try NSI clear and if I cant grasp it I will buy some tips

It's cheating a bit, but have you ever tried popping a little ball of blue tack under your form to hold it into place?

Give it a whirl! :)

I have been practicing my gel sculpting as well and have massive problems:/ I sometimes can just not fit the form under the nail without there being a gap, especially if the nail is not perfectly curved (has a "tilted" C-curve) as my own nails are. Even if I think I have fitted the form perfectly and everything looks good I still find a small amount of gel under the nail, like it's "hugging" the free edge.

I also struggle with the structure of the scultps, on myself at least I always find small cracks on the sides of the stress area/where free edge starts and they end of breaking off (or I end of biting them off because I know there's a crack and it bothers me to no end!).

It's cheating a bit, but have you ever tried popping a little ball of blue tack under your form to hold it into place?

Give it a whirl! :)

Do you mean between the form and nail? x

I have been practicing my gel sculpting as well and have massive problems:/ I sometimes can just not fit the form under the nail without there being a gap, especially if the nail is not perfectly curved (has a "tilted" C-curve) as my own nails are. Even if I think I have fitted the form perfectly and everything looks good I still find a small amount of gel under the nail, like it's "hugging" the free edge.
QUOTE]

Not just me then? X

Yes that's it... right under the free edge and it helps keep the form in place, so you don't have that gap you were talking about.

Yes that's it... right under the free edge and it helps keep the form in place, so you don't have that gap you were talking about.

I have a gelish lady with a broken nail tomorrow, will try it then :o) Thanks!

Have no experience with forms just what I have seen on YouTube and a recent demo at college. I have seen the form cut a bit, where u would place it under the free edge so that it fits right up and under, especially good for short or bitten nails.

hth

Coco

Latest posts

Back