Formaldehyde,Toluene DBP Free / Soak Off Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if the soak off Gels; Le Chat Nobilty, Calgel or any other soak off gels have these 3 ingredients Formaldehyde, toluene & DBP in them or are they 3 free too like Shellac? I need another soak off without these 3 ingrediences in them because I'm needing base coat of Shellac and can't find any. So I'm looking to buy another line of soak off gels. I can get Le Chat down the street right now. But only if its 3 free.

you would have to ask for an MSDS from the supplier and then study and look up what each of the ingredients is. Often they will have sub variant names of the chemicals which can make it a little harder to decifer.

I'm sure if there is a particular ingredient you were unsure of you could post on here and we'd figure it out for you chick ;)

hth's

Jessica's GELeration soak-off gel-polish is free of formaldehyde, toluene & DBP, as are their colours, which have been for years & years!

Talk you, I've heard of the polish but not the Gels. Have you ever heard of how the gels hold up? I'm going to look it up, and check out En-Vogue again too.

I hate having to get another gel because I love Shellac and Brisa but I was told I couldn't get the base coat for another month. And I hate that I'll have to ruff up the nail with other gels.

I'm thinking about and have tried on my friend using Brisa base coat, till I get shellac base. Not sure how hard it well be to remove. She's do this week I think I'll see then.

Maybe I'll get any soak off base and try that, because Brisa is a hard file off gel and doesn't soak off. Just a thought. I know Shellac is chemicaly designed to work together for quick removal but I have to do something or I'll lose business.

Thanks envy just notice you post. Good ideal.

I hate having to get another gel because I love Shellac and Brisa but I was told I couldn't get the base coat for another month. And I hate that I'll have to ruff up the nail with other gels.
You don't have to 'rough up' the nail when using Brisa, just remove the surface shine with a soft 240 buffer, such as a Koala buffer.
It has been mentioned on here recently that it's fine to use Brisa Bond and/or a very thin layer of Brisa Gel as the base for Shellac, that's what I shall use if I run out of base coat :green:

You don't have to 'rough up' the nail when using Brisa, just remove the surface shine with a soft 240 buffer, such as a Koala buffer.
It has been mentioned on here recently that it's fine to use Brisa Bond and/or a very thin layer of Brisa Gel as the base for Shellac, that's what I shall use if I run out of base coat :green:

Is it Brisa Liquid Bond people are using?

Thanks, everyone it looks like I have no worries. and I just got a call from my supply place, (I had my name on a list for base coat) that they have a base coat for me. Yay!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Brisa top coat over Shellac?

I did and it was pants but wondered if anyone had success?

I tried Ibd intense seal top coat and it formed hairline cracks after few days. I tried IBD because it was shinnier then Brisa top coat. I have found Hard file off gels don't do well over soak off gels. Because file offs aren't as flexable. I take that back some work ok.

Latest posts

Back