Forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denatarry

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to nails and was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to Forms....
When i'm doing a nno i have been advised to use forms to bring out the buliders Gel slightly as this will halp cap the free edge and prevent chipping etc... However there are so many different forms available i'm not sure which are the best to use, i bought some gold forms with a hourse shoe type gap, but i found it difficult to fit it snug underneth the nail arch, infact they didn't work at all!!!

Also when doing nno, am i best to use a stronger gel than nsi builder ie bio?

xx hope u can help xx

Horseshoe forms are the pits actually.

You are better off using a rectangular form or a more up market version like the CND Performance Teflon coated forms.

As for Bio, I do not think it is stronger than the gel you are using. A builder gel is going to be the strongest for this job.

As long as you do not make the enhancements too long and your clients respect their nails for what they are then they should be fine.

Gels are notorious for chipping at the free edge of NNO's so you are doing the right thing by building out a tad.

Latest posts

Back