Same client, same complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyxx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I wonder if you can help me. I had a new client come to me around 2 months ago to have her gels done ( i use Gellux). I very rarely get complaints about gel manis chipping or peeling before the 15 day mark. However my new client, each time she has her nails done at around day 6/7 starts to complain that her nails chip (along with photos that personally look like shes peeled/lifted the free edge or around the bed of the nail - causing them to lift). First time i let it go and called her back in to have them redone (free of charge) second time i thought it was becoming rather strange and went through the aftercare/looked into reasons why they might be chipping and said to her that due to the corrosive products she said she used (clean freak - her words) that this may have been the reason why her manis were not lasting more than a week. I said I'd be happy to redo her thumbs (which were the worst) free of charge. She opted for having them all removed and a new set reapplied.
I took extra care when prepping the nail, and making sure all edges were capped. ( if I'm honest, this is my only client who i know to have such great issues with her gels). Day 6 comes along and she pops me a message AGAIN!! saying her nails have chipped.
I'm really starting to get drained by this, and really cant understand why. I don't know what to do or how to respond? I don't want to be rude, but i also don't want to be out of pocket.

Could anybody please advise on what they'd do personally?

i don't want her to give me a negative feedback/review/response when i find she is moraless one of the only people of my many of clients that have these issues!

thanks everyone xx

It sounds like this client is just not looking after her nails at home rather than any fault of your own.
Firstly - do you have a policy on repairs? If not, I would immediately put one in place - putting it on your web page, FB page and on a paper leaflet you can hand to every gel client. It's up to you how long to give, personally I state 3 days only for free repairs after that a charge will be made.

For my salon I had leaflets printed which describe the home care required in detail and how to look after them. I also give them a free mini solar oil on their first gel appointment with me - that way they have everything to get the best out of their product. No excuses.
Some salons charge for repairs straight away, so the decision is yours.

It sounds like you have put yourself out for this client but if she doesn't change her ways she will keep coming back for freebies.
If she wants repairs then she has to pay - end of...!

Be brave and just tell her your new policy, hand her a leaflet and see what happens.
Good luck,

I've had this with one client and it wore me down.

I started charging her for every repair however she then expected me to fit her in when she demanded and was bad mouthing me when I wouldn't.

I eventually explained that my service/products no longer seemed to be working for her so it would be better if she found someone else.

It sounds like this client is just not looking after her nails at home rather than any fault of your own.
Firstly - do you have a policy on repairs? If not, I would immediately put one in place - putting it on your web page, FB page and on a paper leaflet you can hand to every gel client. It's up to you how long to give, personally I state 3 days only for free repairs after that a charge will be made.

For my salon I had leaflets printed which describe the home care required in detail and how to look after them. I also give them a free mini solar oil on their first gel appointment with me - that way they have everything to get the best out of their product. No excuses.
Some salons charge for repairs straight away, so the decision is yours.

It sounds like you have put yourself out for this client but if she doesn't change her ways she will keep coming back for freebies.
If she wants repairs then she has to pay - end of...!

Be brave and just tell her your new policy, hand her a leaflet and see what happens.
Good luck,

Thank you for your response!

I do have a 48hr policy window if anything happens within that time frame they can come back for a free repair. I also give a detailed leaflet with every new client explaining aftercare.
I have really put myself out for her, just had enough of doing things for nothing when it's obviously a fault of her own but it's so hard to word that in a nice / professional way x

Like Ciderella did, I would definitely be telling her that the gel you use mustn't be suited to her and kindly suggest that she finds another therapist to do her nails as you can't keep repairing them! I understand it's draining but she's probably not wearing gloves when cleaning and then picking at them.

Latest posts

Back