found this in a face mask packet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
thought i would treat myself to a face pack last night - it says its for firming the skin, and leaving it feeling silky smooth, and alot of us would want that at (nearly) 50 yr old.

in stead of getting that,

i got this:

spotty, itchy, hot skin, with a surface that resembles a bag of rice (raw)from my forehead to my waist including arms chest and back. ive took a piriteze tablet, just incase. but this itching is driving me INSANE

Attachments

• allergic reaction.jpg
    allergic reaction.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 952
get straight to your docs tomorrow huni...that looks sore...becarefull not to scratch to much as you will make it bleed....let us know what happens xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

OMG....poor you...looks like my face did the very stupid time i decided to use a epliady to remove the very fine fluff you get on the sides of your face..:o.sent my skin into shock.

where did you get the face pack from..?

Bloomin 'eck G :eek:

You did right to take an anti-histamine tab, but get yourself to the GP tomorrow if it's not clearing up, just in case you need a scrip for something else.

Hoping the itch calms down too.

OOoooh no! thats not good!! :confused: Not quite the result you wanted hun was it!!

Ive suffered the same thing when I used a boots sachet face mask. (A long time ago!) Although it didnt spread all over my body. x

it is very sore flower

i got it from morisons, was one of those cheap 49p ones, ive used them before and was ok too

that looks nasty.

my mum had a couple of crisps from a bag i was eating, sweet chilli flavour, next thing a i know its a week later and she's telling me shes on antibiotices the size of horse pills!!:eek:

Doc reakons it was the red dye in them, rash from head to toe, ooppss:lol:

OMG....poor you...looks like my face did the very stupid time i decided to use a epliady to remove the very fine fluff you get on the sides of your face..:o.sent my skin into shock.

where did you get the face pack from..?

You did WHAT to yourself ?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

M.

right then been doing a bit of detective work, but dont know if it applys tho but..............i had a reaction in 2006 (think it was) and had same symptoms as i have now to this face mask. id forgotten about it till my daughter mentioned it. anyways, when i had the reaction before i had put some peach or apricot kernel oil on my face etc as i was trying to get abit of a tan (dont shout) -now ive looked at the ingredients of the face mask packet, and altho there is no peach or apricot kernel in the ingredients, there is palm KERNEL in it. does anyone think that ive gotten a reaction to the KERNEL???? it seems to be the only explanation i can come up with

could someone confirm this for me PLEASE or do i just have to live with that , that MIGHT be the reason

Note - I'm not a skin geek, this is my own opinion only.
Dunno, might be. You could always try a little bit on a less sensitive area, like a patch test. Wouldn't want you to get a major reaction to it though, so take care! Any skin geeks got advice?
Marion xx

it looks like the same reaction i get from l&p but that just stays on my fingers. i got a rash like yours all over my body when i got heat rash and also when i was using a sunbed and used boots tan maintainer bad idea! i used barcabonate soda in my bath and it calmed it nicely. hope it goes soon i know how u must feel!

xx

All I can say is I feel bad for you but a 48p face mask from Morisons was not going to do much good was it! Hope you get better soon but stick to professional products in the future! :hug:

Latest posts

Back