Foundation advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Im not a skin geek I am a hair geek but thought I would pop over for a little advice if you would be so kind :)
I really struggle to find a good foundation that stays on all day. I used to love the Clinique repair ware range but they have discontinued it now so struggling to find a new one. I like foundation that covers my freckles (or at least the majority of them) but I don't like it plastered on or heavy on my skin.
Any recommendations? I don't mind how much it costs I no a gooid foundation is going to cost more than the average superdrug off the shelf type
xx

I use benefit oxygen foundation ... I love it!!!
It's around £30 but does last a while xx

Ok I'll give that one a try. Thank you xx

If it's a liquid foundation New CID is lovely it covers well and lasts all day, this is around £30. The brand can only a bought in salons and spas.
For a powder foundation bare minerals is fab, you can build the cover up to what your after. Applying is easy and this too lasts all day but is still light to wear. This is around the £30 mark. Xx

If you like a liquid foundation you may like Lancome Teinte Idole 24.

I like MAC pro longwear, its medium coverage which is plenty and light to wear, doesnt dry out and lasts all day!

Just a question.. Do you dust over your foundation with a little powder to set it? Even something as cheap as Rimmels Clear Complexion and a big fluffy brush with help any foundation last far longer x

I previously wore dior sculpt and the coverage wasn't amazing and it was thick and for £50 a bottle I thought it would be better.

I went to Mac yesterday and had a skin consultation etc and had my make up applied and they went through different products. In the end I brought the studio fix foundation and mineralize powder to finish off. The coverage is amazing and the powder is lovely and light. Doesnt feel like my face will crack :)

You can get tester pots from most counters I think so maybe trial your favourite ones x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love Mac Pro-wear too. Lasts all day and you can build up coverage to what you want.

Have you tried a fixing spray after you've done your foundation? They make such a difference.

I use Urban Decay de-slick setting spray and I love it.. My make up doesn't move all day with this combination. There's some great fixing/setting sprays on the market. I wouldn't be without mine now!

Also, using a good primer is invaluable.

In my opinion, it's not just the type of foundation you use, it's the right combination of primer, foundation and finish that helps make up last all day :)

Latest posts

Back