foundation nerves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire k

Reaction score
hi i am so nervous about my final day with creative foundation (19th dec) i feel abit sick,i'm more nervous about this part than i was about the written exam,why do i feel like this did or does anyone else?my 3 yr old has chicken pox and he just wants me 24/7:Love: ,which means i'm getting bit behind on the 30 nails i have to do by 5th day! and i have to rebalance my mothers nails tonight and i don't feel confident,please did anyone else feel like this,am i worrying over nothing?feeling really down alex wants me again hes sat on my lap as i'm typing, also suffering with PMT :evil: . Sorry for going on claire k xxx

A - i have my last day onthe 19th too so i will be thinking of you - im sure you will be fine! - I find it hard to get the practice in too, we have already handed our nails in so i dont have to worry about, but it must be so hard for you with you little boy - maybe you could ring you educator & ask her advice, take care xxxx

claire k said:
hi i am so nervous about my final day with creative foundation (19th dec) i feel abit sick,i'm more nervous about this part than i was about the written exam,why do i feel like this did or does anyone else?my 3 yr old has chicken pox and he just wants me 24/7:Love: ,which means i'm getting bit behind on the 30 nails i have to do by 5th day! and i have to rebalance my mothers nails tonight and i don't feel confident,please did anyone else feel like this,am i worrying over nothing?feeling really down alex wants me again hes sat on my lap as i'm typing, also suffering with PMT :evil: . Sorry for going on claire k xxx

I only qualified on the 14th Oct and i was just as scared about my exam, it does throw you a bit but you will be fine, i was soooooo scared i wouldnt pass but i did, so just read your folder and you'll be fine, also my hand trainer broke so i was 15 nails short of my homework, so i didnt get my certificate on the day, i fixed my hand and posted them up the following week and my certificate was posted back to me.
:p
Anyway best of luck you will be fine

Lissie x x x x

Try not to worry too much i am sure you will be fine.
i think it is normal to be worried and nervous.
you are only human afterall.
hope little one gets better soon!

~shelley~ said:
A - i have my last day onthe 19th too so i will be thinking of you - im sure you will be fine! - I find it hard to get the practice in too, we have already handed our nails in so i dont have to worry about, but it must be so hard for you with you little boy - maybe you could ring you educator & ask her advice, take care xxxx

Good luck to you too Shelley x

dont worry! im sure you will both pass its not like an exam when you were at school this is something you are into and want to do so im sure you both have enough knowledge to ace the test!
think when i did mine there was one girl who didnt pass but they just took her to one side on a one to one and helped her through it! and hey presto she was fine and she is now doing nails mobile and loving it!
she was really scared through the course and she nearly walked outhalf way through the first day cos she had got confused and not filled in the info in the folder so we all helped her at lunch time and she got back up to date and finished the course....just remember why you are doing the course! and once its over its over you are free to do nails, have extra training on whatever bits you struggle with!

and to top it all off i had got a really bad cough (suprise suprise) this day too and i was coughing all the way through the test lol im suprised anyone could concentrate!!!!

Katmoz33 said:
and to top it all off i had got a really bad cough (suprise suprise) this day too and i was coughing all the way through the test lol im suprised anyone could concentrate!!!!
aw!! Ive already done my test & i passed on my 4th day,i have to do 1 hand rebalance, 1 hand from scratch on 5th day on 19th Dec, i can't wait!! xxxx

claire k said:

Dont worry about it, honestly. Andrea is really great and all she is looking for is an improvement in your work. My first sets were awfull, so it wasn't that hard to improve. My friend cried and said that she would not go back as she felt she couldn't do it, but once I beat her about the head, she returned and did amazingly well.

dont worry im sure you'll be great

i was terrified but its not as bad as you think and the tutors are really helpful and supportive! its pretty relaxed and i felt quite chilled after!

where are you both taking it?

xx

thanks for all your replies,and shelly i will be thinking of you to you've been so helpfull. i passed the written also but i don't feel as confident about practical, i feel as if my nails are gellting better on nail trainer as i find my beads are improving and my filing less,however i'm so scared of going to pieces when i do the rebalance and free hand on the last day,i'm not confident enough to do friends yet although loads of them have offered their hands!;)after seeing my mothers (my model) .i'm just afraid of making a c...k up on last day thanks all claire k xxx

hi louise i'm taking mine in bridgend with andrea sanderson, she's a real star claire k xx

looby4444 said:
dont worry im sure you'll be great

i was terrified but its not as bad as you think and the tutors are really helpful and supportive! its pretty relaxed and i felt quite chilled after!

where are you both taking it?

xx
Im taking mine in Whitley Bay with Wendy xxx

claire k said:

This is rich coming from me - had manic nerves about my final day - but honestly, there is nothing to worry about, you'll be fine! Good luck:)

Hi Claire,

I completed myt foundation course on Friday 2nd and if you search the threads you'll see I felt exactly the same, we did the written and practical on the last day and I was soo nervous! But it will all be fine, just relax and enjoy it. I really enjoyed my last day and im looking forward to going back for more courses! I was extremely nervous until the actual morning and then I felt relaxed which was weird but maybe you'll be the same!

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

Good luck to you Shelley as well and let us know!! xxx

Latest posts

Back