Foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.H.E

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just a question regarding foundation.

I am looking to buy a new one, I used to use Estee Lauder Double Wear but I am finding it a bit thick and makes me look pale no matter the colour I use.

I have large pores and get some dry patches/flakes occasionally in different areas - would it be worth me switching to a powder/mineral type foundation? Could anyone recommend a good one where I could seek a professional stockist and get a colour match? Looking to spend anywhere up to approx £80

Thanks in advance.

Jane Iredale is great if there is a salon stockist near you.
However, have you tried Estée Lauder double wear light? It is obviously not as heavy as double wear and I find it an excellent foundation.

Jane Iredale is great if there is a salon stockist near you.
However, have you tried Estée Lauder double wear light? It is obviously not as heavy as double wear and I find it an excellent foundation.

I have not tried the light version, no - I will take a look at those 2!

Thanks

Hi Geeks,

Just a question regarding foundation.

I am looking to buy a new one, I used to use Estee Lauder Double Wear but I am finding it a bit thick and makes me look pale no matter the colour I use.

I have large pores and get some dry patches/flakes occasionally in different areas - would it be worth me switching to a powder/mineral type foundation? Could anyone recommend a good one where I could seek a professional stockist and get a colour match? Looking to spend anywhere up to approx £80

Thanks in advance.

Honeypie minerals foundations are lovely! I have large pores & oily skin that's prone to spots.
Because the foundation is made using all natural products it actually helped prevent spots and didn't clog my pores. It gave a lovely matte effect, provided cover over my large pores and it lasts for ages!

I use Honeypie minerals foundations, shadows, highlighters, blushers etc for all my occasion make-up clients too and it lasts all day/night :)

You can buy them online on their website or on Amazon, they will even send you samples for 25p so you can 'try before you buy' to make sure you get the right colour xx

The reason Estée Lauder Double Wear makes people look pale in pictures is the flashback from the Titanium Dioxide in the SPF. Try Double Wear Light as Izzidoll says any EL Counter will give you a 10 day sample to try free of charge. It's got a much nicer finish xx

I use Dior sculpt. It's a lot 'thinner' than double wear but excellent coverage. It's a lot more expensive than double wear but it's worth it.

Double wear is a fab foundation but I found it very thick and not suitable for my skin. Like another poster said why don't you try double wear light or get a sample and try it out.

Xx

I use Dior sculpt. It's a lot 'thinner' than double wear but excellent coverage. It's a lot more expensive than double wear but it's worth it.

Double wear is a fab foundation but I found it very thick and not suitable for my skin. Like another poster said why don't you try double wear light or get a sample and try it out.

Xx

I do not mind spending more on foundation, Im no skin geek but I dont like the thought of wearing cheap, I imagine its no good for my skin, especially worn every day.

Seems many of you are saying the light version and I do like their coverage so I may check that out.

Lots of samples needed I guess!

Another vote for double wear light! I find normal double wear is like trying to spread philly cheese on my face!
Also have a look at Vichy dermablend amazing coverage but nice and light!

Another vote for double wear light! I find normal double wear is like trying to spread philly cheese on my face!
Also have a look at Vichy dermablend amazing coverage but nice and light!

Haha that sounds just about right.

Latest posts

Back