Fractured pelvis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Has any Geek ever had a fractured pelvis?

My partner fell from a skip last week and is now home from hospital with a fractured pelvis and a mending dislocated knee. As it wasn't a severe break there was no need for him to have an operation, but he has to spend at least 6 weeks with no weight bearing on his right leg. All he can do is hop around a little on crutches right now.

I just wondered if anyone has suffered the same thing, how long did it take you to get back to normal?

Any info would be appreciated :)

yes i have broken my pelvis along with most other bones i was totally reckless for the 1st 41 years of my life :irked::irked: the last big accident was 2 years ago when i broke my back in 2 places on haloween that has slowed me up a wee bit now
but the pevis was a scate boarding accident in 1999 i broke my trachanter its the top of the pelvis,and my right wrist , it hurt like hell when i first did it
I got terrible spasms,what made mine worse was the broken wrist i couldnt use crutches so i was bed bound for a month. but it healed fine and its ok now no different:hug::hug: he will be fine

oh ive done the dislocated knee as well :):)
i got run over in bulgaria by a lada taxi with no brakes i was dragged along the road for 50 metres with my right leg under the bumper
thats also ok now :hug:

God you're not safe to be let out on your own!!

God you're not safe to be let out on your own!!
thats why dawn has me locked in a padded cell so i cant hurt myself any more!! my list of sporting and stupidity injuries started with a skull fracture when i was 5 when i rode full pelt into a lampost when learning to ride a bike,the list is unbelievable, femur 2 times,[pelvis,ankle feet,elbow pinned and wired,jaw and maxillo (face) ribs wrist,ankle, collar bone, fingers and thumb and thorrasic bones t 6 and t7
I no longer ride motorbikes,I have stopped stock car racing,skateboarding,boxing ect now
but 2 years ago i fell from a loft head first and landed on my head the compression shattered my thorrasic spine,but amazingly i recovered my back is still weak but i am glad to be alive the docs were amazed my neck didnt break :eek::eek: i am on constant medication and it keeps me oiled and painfree most of the time

Last edited:
Yikes and i thought my husband was a klutz!!
Good job you didn't go into acting. Everytime someone said 'break a leg', you probably would have! :lol:

My sister fractured her pelvis after falling off her mountain bike. I have to say that it did take her about 6 weeks before she was at all mobile.

I know you don't want to hear that. I know how you feel, I posted a similar post when my sis did this asking when she might recover as she was due to come on holiday with us 3 weeks after the accident. Unfortunately she had to cancel holiday! She didn't need an op either. She was put on anti inflam pills and painkillers, followed by physio. She is 41 by the way and will not retire from downhill mountain biking!

Hopefully the next 6 weeks will fly by and he will be all better by xmas!

Thanks for the replies everyone.
OMG Steve . . . how do you get time to DO anything if you are always plastered up or on bedrest?! Maybe you should slow things down a bit you little daredevil!
The latest development was a suspected DVT, a scan and blood-thinning medication now prescribed. Another trip to the hosp on monday for a further scan, then an x-ray the following week. It seems like a never-ending round of hospital appointments. I feel like I go to work for a rest now, it's light relief compared to taking him to hospital every other day and cooking, cleaning and doing everything else indoors.
Ho hum, that's life.

wow steve that's a lot of accidents I thought I was accident prone x
Posted via Mobile Device

wow steve that's a lot of accidents I thought I was accident prone x
Posted via Mobile Device
i was on first Name terms with the a&e staff at Stockport infirmary when i lived there,they even joked i had my own bed reserved As i spent 2 summer hols as a child on Sykes ward in traction (femurs) fell from a tree aged 9 and hit by a car 11 and a few shorter stays severed finger, 12 elbow pinned and wired 15
My mother was that worried about me being totally fearless and re- fracturing my skull she went everywhere looking for a child's crash helmet, in 1970 child's safety helmets were un heard of :irked::irked:

I have broken my ankle and spent 6 weeks in cast to be told that i need another 2 weeks or maybe more. I am still a student and have missed a lot of the waxing course last term.i was thinking of doing a course with capital one as they do a day course, has any one been on one with them ?

Latest posts

Back