Fraud on debit card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkrose

Reaction score
I just got a phonecall from a very nice man in the security section from my local bank saying they had a strange transaction on my bank account. £1200 approx was taken using my debit card online in Italy(even with the verified from visa).

I rarely used the debit card directly. I am running scans on my computer and phone. My bank has cancelled my card and have told me I will be issued a new card with a new number.

I honestly feel sick to the pit of my stomach. The man was very reassuring and everything but I cannot stop crying.

Sorry for the rant, I have told three people and they keep asking me stupid questions like where in Italy the scammer was from and silly things like that.

Don't worry! This happens a lot and you'll be covered by your bank so you won't lose any money. It's happened to me a few times. Dry your tears. x

Scamming cards seems horribly common these days. When you mention it in casual conversation, there's always someone who has a story to tell.

Honestly, try not to dwell too much. Youve just been very unlucky. :(

This makes me so mad, get yourself a real job instead of compromising innocent peoples card details & stealing their hard earned money!

It's such a horrible feeling finding out this has happened, your bank will see it's fraud for which you're fully covered for x

Thank you for the support, it really means a lot. I am really careful online, and use my debit card for very few sites. I hav run scans on my computer/tablet/phone etc and they all came back clear. I do not click on links in emails or give my details over the phone. The man in the bank said the same as you, that I was just unlucky.

Thanks again for all the support.

It's horrible isn't it? I had my account wiped out a couple of years ago, the bank was fantastic and put the full amount back in my account within a couple of hours but it took a long time before I felt 'safe' using my card again :|

There's a few scams online just now especially on Facebook advertising a free trial of slimming pills (normally followed by a story of a celeb being supposedly caught using them) all you have to do is pay postage. But they clean out your account if you do, my sister had to cancel her card cause they took a load of money out so she went to the bank and blocked the company so they stole more money using a different name! It's terrible and so many people fall for things like that. I had a call telling me my card had been used fraudulently and they wanted me to confirm details so I hung up on them and called the fraud line for my bank and they knew nothing about it and told me it was a scam! I really hope you get it sorted it doesn't matter how careful you are sometimes xxx

That's terrible, although just be careful also with people calling you and saying about your bank account, don't ever give details out over the phone as they could be scammers x

Latest posts

Back