Free edge advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
Hi all, (CND gel user)

I need some advice with finishing my free edges! Still relatively new (145 sets of nails now :lol:, but who is counting). I have FINALLY got the gel thin enough (before it looked like a 1kg weight on the end of ladies hands), but i'm having trouble getting the free edge to look pretty....

The white (use both POW and builder white) doesn't always cover the free edge when I try and cap. Should it be covering the whole FE? I prep the nail (file etc), use white then finish with builder gel. It seems to be coming out uneven! what am i doing wrong?? It doesn't look right when I cap the FE with the white?? Can someone tell me how they do it....

I'm worried if I give the nail a good file after white and builder that I will remove the capping...

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, (CND gel user)

I need some advice with finishing my free edges! Still relatively new (145 sets of nails now :lol:, but who is counting). I have FINALLY got the gel thin enough (before it looked like a 1kg weight on the end of ladies hands), but i'm having trouble getting the free edge to look pretty....

The white (use both POW and builder white) doesn't always cover the free edge when I try and cap. Should it be covering the whole FE? I prep the nail (file etc), use white then finish with builder gel. It seems to be coming out uneven! what am i doing wrong?? It doesn't look right when I cap the FE with the white?? Can someone tell me how they do it....

I'm worried if I give the nail a good file after white and builder that I will remove the capping...

Thanks in advance.

you may find this helpful:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/28667-sculpting-pink-whites-uv-sculpting-gel.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/10070-brush-control-when-using-gel.html?garpg=2

:hug:

i would also contact your educator, he/she may also show you or let you show them what you are doing.

IMHO - all the best

I'm not 100% about what your nails look like but yes the product should be capped and should cover the entire free edge, a simple swipe down will cover it. Be careful not to file the free edge and if you do capping in clear or Brisa gloss will also work. As for your refinement bring your file in a cuticle to tip direction to reduce the free edge filing downwards on zone 1 only. this will give a good barrell view.

Latest posts

Back