Freeview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on freeview?

We bought a freeview box and checked on the internet of our signal area and it says we have enough signal to have a box.

Tried programming it in and it just keeps saying no signal.

Also tried a different arial.

Did anyone else have this problem - any tips?

Can anyone advise me on freeview?

We bought a freeview box and checked on the internet of our signal area and it says we have enough signal to have a box.

Tried programming it in and it just keeps saying no signal.

Also tried a different arial.

Did anyone else have this problem - any tips?

There is a helpline or should be one on your box maybe they could help.

It should just happen automatically,

we have and we had to buy a booster box.. you plug it into you ariel and then put the freeview ariel through that.. understand:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: not very good at things like this:irked:

lol - me neither!

thanks guys x x x x

I got one for my son's bedroom.
Had the same problem as you with the 'no signal message'.
I got my bro over and he sorted it but I cant remember what he did. Im going to see him later, Ill ask him...but youll prob have had some more answer/help by the time I get back.

ive got freeview in my bedroom... and i couldnt get it to work after awhile... then i realised that the scart plug at the back of my telly had come out a bit... pushed it back in and ive had no problems

i think when i first got mine i also got the no signal thing... but i cant for the life of me remember what i did to get it to work

hi just spoke to hubby and he said.. try turning it off and back on after 10secs.. at the back of the box:rolleyes: hth give it a whirlr

ive got freeview in my bedroom... and i couldnt get it to work after awhile... then i realised that the scart plug at the back of my telly had come out a bit... pushed it back in and ive had no problems

i think when i first got mine i also got the no signal thing... but i cant for the life of me remember what i did to get it to work

tried that! LOL

We had this problem as well, I think we phoned the helpline in the end and they talked us through it.

Is the ariel that you are using a indoors or outdoors one ?

When my boyfriend lived at his old house he had a normal ariel on side of house & his freeview worked fine he has moved a mile down the road & has to use one of those plug in ariels and his freeview won't work at all.

it's an inside one hun!

it's an inside one hun!

The signal may not be as strong then which is possibly why its not working. I would give them a call though just to clarify, hope you get it sorted :)

Okey doke, been to see my bro .... and he cant remember either, lol!

What he actually said was that he seems to remember we had got the ariel plugged in the wrong socket, that it doesnt go into the tv anymore but the Freeview box, so to try plugging into diff sockets on the atcual Freeview box.
Sorry, Ive prob been about as useful as a choccy teapot!

Latest posts

Back