French Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Hi everyone I currently use sheek white and simple sheer for my French which I love but keep getting asked for a more pink negligee colour with no sparkle... Any suggestions as don't want to make a mistake! X

Little princess is a nice pink to use for French.

Less talk.. Lovely colour x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340497541.666583.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340497541.666583.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,540
Do you all do 1 layer pink, 2 white (if 1 isn't enough) and another pink the TIO? Xxx

I do base, pink, white x2 then tio x

I do base then either ambience x1 then 2 white the tio, or 2 white then 1 simpler sheer the tio or if the want shimmery pink I use ACG glisten the 2 white then tio. X

I do base then either ambience x1 then 2 white the tio, or 2 white then 1 simpler sheer the tio or if the want shimmery pink I use ACG glisten the 2 white then tio. X

Ok thank you :)
Am I right in thinking you need a pink after the foundation layer before the white so that if you have to tidy up your white, you will not remove or disturb the foundation layer? Xxx

Ok thank you :)
Am I right in thinking you need a pink after the foundation layer before the white so that if you have to tidy up your white, you will not remove or disturb the foundation layer? Xxx

I use the pink after the base because it looks horrid on top of white. I only do white first if I'm using Simpler Sheer rather than a pink all over colour. It also helps to dry brush the tip after applying the pink I find as it makes it easier to apply the white tip. :D

I use the pink after the base because it looks horrid on top of white. I only do white first if I'm using Simpler Sheer rather than a pink all over colour. It also helps to dry brush the tip after applying the pink I find as it makes it easier to apply the white tip. :D

Great thanks :) I will be using simple sheer, so do you think foundation, simple sheer, white, simple sheer again the TIO?

That way by having the simple sheer under the white, if I need to tidy I wouldn't remove any foundation xxx

Anyone else find French gelish doesn't last as long as one colour gelish? Or is it just me :( x

Anyone else find French gelish doesn't last as long as one colour gelish? Or is it just me :( x

It lasts just the same for me. Are you finding the white chipping? If so, it could due to application.

I tend to find French lasts longer do foundation white x2 then simple sheer x2 TIO - will need to get this little princess colour

Ok so I it but I done 1x simple sheer, 2x white, 1x simple sheer then tio!!!
My first ever French Gelish... What do you think?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340834692.962330.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340834692.962330.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 2,249
Ok so I it but I done 1x simple sheer, 2x white, 1x simple sheer then tio!!!
My first ever French Gelish... What do you think?

Looks great, I have my first French Gelish next week and dreading it!

Looks great, I have my first French Gelish next week and dreading it!

Thank you :)
I did have a bit of a problem when doing my first layer of white though!!!
By the time I had finished one hand, the first few fingers I had done on that hand looked like the white had bled, it was really strange, there was no sharp white line, so I had to tidy up with a brush :( does anyone know why this would have happened? X

Yes, that is why I use structure gel.

Yes, that is why I use structure gel.

I see, and this helps it last longer? My French either chips on other folk within 3 days or peels on myself x

Thank you :)
I did have a bit of a problem when doing my first layer of white though!!!
By the time I had finished one hand, the first few fingers I had done on that hand looked like the white had bled, it was really strange, there was no sharp white line, so I had to tidy up with a brush :( does anyone know why this would have happened? X
Because it is gel! It will bleed if left too long. You could either flash cure each finger as you go...but that is a pain, or do as you are doing and crispen up the smiles with a brush just before they go into the lamp. That is what I do.

Because it is gel! It will bleed if left too long. You could either flash cure each finger as you go...but that is a pain, or do as you are doing and crispen up the smiles with a brush just before they go into the lamp. That is what I do.

Oh I see :) that's good thank you. Xx

Latest posts

Back