French Manicure square with stiletto's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emloots

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a nail technician for over two years now and I finally got my first client who wanted to try out some stilettos! Now it might look a bit weird having a square French manicure with only two stiletto's but my client just wanted to give it a try, not have all her ten fingers stiletto-shaped at once ;).

I could use some fresh pair of eyes on my work! (Due to my 7 month old daughter I haven't been able to follow refreshment courses lately or attend competitions)

So please critique my overall French manicure and my stiletto's.
Thanks a lot!

-Elvira

Beautiful work! Your smile lines are to die for, really crisp and a gorgeous shape. I would say your zone 3 has a slightly bigger gap than I would expect but I'm nit-picking really!

Your stilettos are really sharp and pointy and refreshingly not too long! In fact, I like the length of the square nails as well.

All in all, I think you've done a cracking job. Well done!

I think they are goreous - the stilettos are a great shape and balance and the smile lines are fabulous :D I would be more than happy to pay for a set like that xx

Wow thanks! :lol: I wasn't expecting such good critiques! Haha. (was expecting far worse;))

You're right about zone 3 though, I'll keep that in mind the next time ;)!
The gap looks bigger because of the coverpowder, next time I'll feather it and build the rest with clear or pink. Looks more natural as well.

Very jealous... your smiles are gorgeous!

Agree about the zone 3, does it have clear there instead of opaque? :)

Killer smile lines ... well done!

They look lovely, there is another way too have you tried, where you sculpt the tips and then you wind them around the form and you get a little o in the bottom

Very jealous... your smiles are gorgeous!

Agree about the zone 3, does it have clear there instead of opaque? :)

Thank you!!! :biggrin: No, it is hard to explain.. let me try... this is the coverpowder of YN and this is the first time I noticed a gap (pictures show more than the naked eye I guess ;)). The coverpowder of YN is not completely opaque (like when you pick up your bead the wrong way, you'll get flames) I think it also is a bit product control, especially on the ring finger I think my bead was maybe a bit too wet so that it looks more transparent. Hope that made sense :green:.

Last edited:
They look lovely, there is another way too have you tried, where you sculpt the tips and then you wind them around the form and you get a little o in the bottom

Thank you!! :D

But I'm not sure what you mean with the "o" in the bottom? (maybe it is my lack of English or different ways of applying product, sorry :o) Could you explain further please? :D

And thanks Noodle! :D

Im trying to find you a clip for you,
since you like doing all the different designs, you might like to try these out, wee bit fiddly but great fun and they look the 'nuts' lol

Ok great! Thnx looking forward to it :D

Wow... they are just gorgeous and I'm so jealous of those smile lines too!!!
In fact, just because I'm totally green with envy, I'm going to pick a teeny flaw. :green:

The sidewalls on the middle finger on the left hand look to have been taken in a little too much.
I just can't believe you're only 2 years in the business... your work is just beautiful.

Well done and thank you for sharing! :hug:

Last edited:
Two years in and doing work like this? Wow.

Stilettoes look great and Smiles are to die for.

Haha thanks An*Gel :D I'm flattered. I just took a closer look and you're so right!

Thanks gr8nails as well for your lovely comment! :green:

They are absolutely beautiful. You should be very proud of yourself. :hug:

Latest posts

Back