French overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
Firstly are they called french overlays or pink and white overlays?
I have done my 2nd set today, they are in my pic album along with my 1st set done tuesday, feel free to tell me wot u think...
Just wondering wot ppl generally charge for this treatment? and do u inc a hand massage wit ur treatments or is that an extra charge?
Thanks

Firstly are they called french overlays or pink and white overlays?
I have done my 2nd set today, they are in my pic album along with my 1st set done tuesday, feel free to tell me wot u think...
Just wondering wot ppl generally charge for this treatment? and do u inc a hand massage wit ur treatments or is that an extra charge?
Thanks

Which sounds 'higher end' and professional to you?? :lol: I say Permanent French overlays. Pink & white is used by the discount nail bar brigade ... so I'm a nail snob!!! :hug: shoot me.

Your 2nd set is done on much nicer natural nails than your first set so the result is nicer. I still see an uneven surface on the gel .. this needs to be smooth and even. Your smiles look nice but the picture is hard to 'read' as it is not very clear.

As for adding extra treatments .. it is up to you if you include or don't. If you have already set your price then adding a massage would take more time and therefore have to cost more money.

Last edited:
Hi thanks geeg,

I have to say suprisingly my smile lines are pretty crisp, thanks to that video posted the other day with the bevelled art brush ;)

How do I go about making the surface more even? I was told to cure the pink layer for 30 secs, which I did on 1st set of nails, but on 2nd set I did a full 2 min cure as I could see patches on the 1st set where it hadn't set properly and rubbed off with gel cleanser... a learning curve for me :)

I havent set prices etc because I have just been practicing... thats why I was curious what people charge, and what they include with that ... im glad you are a nail snob re the name of treatment. It's just that as I never have nails done professionally and know noone in the industry, I dont ever hear of treatments so am just going my what I read on here, and have noticed that they're called both the names iIhave mentioned above ... I'm easily confused, what can I say? lmao...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back