french polish in gel???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_giggles

Reaction score
hi. just after a few tips if anyone has any!
is there a secret to bein able to do a good french polish in uv gel?
we were told in college to use cotton wool covered orange stick to perfect white tip line in a normal manicure but how can i do this in uv gel? i've tried loads and just cants seem to get the line clear enough!
any help would be great!
thanks xxxx

I use a brush ( gel brush or nail art brush whatever brush you get on with best) dipped in the solution you use to wipe of the inhibition layer (sticky layer at end of gel application) and sweep the french line to make it look more crisp.

thank you, will try that later. do you also just put a realy thin layer of white on then a few more thin coats or do you put a thicker white bit like you would with nail varnish? xx

I would say a couple of thin layers is better than one thick layer, you don't want to end up with a bump at the end of the nail, really depends on which gel system you use, I use calgel which can be buffed slightly after curing to make it smooth.:)

I don't even use solution, I just use a clean brush to push the white gel back towards the free edge.

It takes time mastering the perfect French and each one of us develops their own way that works.

Nothing could be easier once you perfected the technique. I use a very thin dotting tool, with it I draw the smile line and then using very thin brush I drag the gel towards the free edge, thin and even. :green:

It takes time mastering the perfect French and each one of us develops their own way that works.

Nothing could be easier once you perfected the technique. I use a very thin dotting tool, with it I draw the smile line and then using very thin brush I drag the gel towards the free edge, thin and even. :green:
this is exactly what i do and it works great everytime :)

I do French smile lines freehand with my gel x I used to use a normal brush but recently invested in a French brush from biosculpture x makes it easier to do after practice x

Hth x

Latest posts

Back