French Shellac for wedding ruined

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tranqbeauty

Reaction score
:sad: any advice, this is my 3rd French shellac and it's for a wedding on Saturday (the bride) I did it on Thursday and the thumbs have chipped and the fingers have peeled don't know what I'm doing wrong but this happened on my previous client but the one before was fine, I am so upset because I like to do a good job and I'm so disheartened any advice x

Have you had a look through l the previous threads about French Shellac? There are quite a few about how to achieve a long lasting French xx

Get yourself onto you tube and search for fingernail fixer. she has a video on how to do french. Sit down with a cuppa and watch it. It really does help xxx

Yes I have I don't know what I'm doing wrong, some of the threads have said 2 thin coats of white, would I cure after one coat then do another I have not tried this as I thought my white was ok but will try anything, or maybe 2 topcoats, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for a wedding, she is coming back to see me today x

There are several troubleshooting threads in here if you do a search, all asking the usual questions of how you do your prep etc but just one thought is it could be your bulbs also.

If they are over 6 months old or are around 50hrs left then they will need cleaning/turning/replacing.

But have a search as there have been a few threads on this very recently :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

:sad: any advice, this is my 3rd French shellac and it's for a wedding on Saturday (the bride) I did it on Thursday and the thumbs have chipped and the fingers have peeled don't know what I'm doing wrong but this happened on my previous client but the one before was fine, I am so upset because I like to do a good job and I'm so disheartened any advice x

Hi the only advice I could give you is to make sure you paint it on thin and cap each layer, I only do 1 coat of white, I think maybe you are doing the white too thick as this causes the white to chip.

This is how I do my french and I havent had any chipping.

scrubfresh - actually scrubbing it into the nails
Base - cure 10 sec
Negligee - cure 120 sec
cream puff - cure 120 sec
negligee - cure 120 sec
topcoat - cure 120
dsperse

Just remember that shellac isnt for everyone, some people just cant keep it on so there might be a chance that this person just cant wear it successfully. HTH. Ax

I do the same routine as Abi but i only do the first coat of negligee.

Thin coats and capping are key.

I agree with Planky that your polishes and bulbs need to be in date.

Has you provided the client with an aftercare sheet and checked that she is following it?

Lastly as Abi says, she may just be one of those clients whose nails do not agree with Shellac xx

I always painted my French free hand but when I did the shellac course it was mentioned that you can get a thinner and more even layer if you apply the white and then scoop out with a brush & a little D sperse.
I must admit I have really noticed a difference with staying power since doing it this way!

Have a go xx

Dashing diva would be perfect! Try their site it's perfect everytime and I wear mine for 2 weeks x

Latest posts

Back