French Tip Gel Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsayxx

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, Im new to nails & am in the middle of doing a Gel Nail course, just had some questions about someone who wanted white tips?

Ive read alot about using white tips & that theres no need to blend, but wouldnt there be like a 'step' where you had stuck it on? Also, if you use these are the rest of the steps the same and you'd just finish with a topcoat at the end?
Do any of you just use a pink & white polish to do the french manicure look with gels?
Another thing ive read about it using white gel, where abouts in the procedure (couldnt think of the word lol, sounds abit like performing an operation lol) would you do put it on? Does it need to be cured?
Phew, i think thats all of it! Any help would be much appreciated! Like i said im new to nails & still not entirely sure what im doing! Thanks again :) x x

Hiya ...

Any step from the unblended white tip would be filled by your product.

You can use enamel to do french finish if you please but it wouldn't wear as well as a gel french.

I apply my white gel (all layers have to be cured) after the pink...then cap with clear..then wipe and buff to shape and then topgloss.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you apply the pink gel to the whole of the nail & put the white on top, or do you apply the pink just up to the smile line & do the free edge white? :confused: x x

I do it over the whole nails but thinner in zone 3 and 1...leaving the bilk of the pink gel in zone 2 for strength.

Hiya Lyndsay and welcome to the salon geek.

What gel system are you using? You need to make sure you follow the way recommended by your trainers as this is what you will be assessed against when you come to do your final assessments.

Dont worry about a step when using white tips as your gel will level this out. As regards the white gel it all depends on what system you are using as there are different types of white gel - sculpting gel, thinner paint on white gel, builder gel so your procedure will vary with each of these.

What did they recommend to you on your training course?

Hiya Lyndsay and welcome to the salon geek.

Thank you!

Im doing a course with Essetial Nails, so im using the Dream products they supply at the moment. So the application will vary depending on what brand i use? Also, after i have completed the EN course, am i able to use any brand gel products? Or am i only qualified to use Dream products? Ive read so much about people loving CND products, but would i have to train with them to be able to use them?

Thanks for your help x

I think you will find you will be very limited as to which gels you will be able to buy/use with the home learn course qualifications. Some companies will insist that you do the foundation course and some will allow you to do a conversion. Ring the companies and see what they say.

There are a few lower quality brands that would be available from the trade warehouses. I havent used the dream gel so dont know what the quality of that is like.

What white gels are there in the Dream Gel range? Are they like a paint on gel (runny consistency or are they like a thick sculpting gel or building gel?

I just looked at the Dream gels, theres a clear, pink and a white one. Not sure on the pink & white, but the clear one i am using at the moment is quite runny. I assume the others are like that too but cant be sure x x

I just looked at the Dream gels, theres a clear, pink and a white one. Not sure on the pink & white, but the clear one i am using at the moment is quite runny. I assume the others are like that too but cant be sure x x

Does it give you any guidance on the essential nails training on how to use the white gel? I have had a look on their website below but not sure as there a few different gels.

Dream Gel Products

Hi...

I am having the same problem: when I have had my nails done they have always had white tips...

I would like to do the same, I am doing the gel course essentail nails and there is nothing on there about using white tips:

I thought you just stuck white tips on then filled in with the gel: ( like I said I am very very new to this)

could some tell me in errrrrrrr simple terms how to do the white tips: thanks for your time :)

You would do everything the same but use a clear/natural tip instead of a white tip....and blend the tip. Apply products as nomral...using pink all over...making sure the cuticle area (zone 3) and the free edge (zone 1) is nice and thin....with more thickness on the nail bed (zone 2)....cure...then apply white gel to the free edge and create your smile line using the white....see this (http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutor...nt-white.html?highlight=paint+on+whites+brisa) cure...then clear gel over zones 2 and 3...cure....wipe...buff to shape...clean...topgloss...cure.

HTH

Hi I use dream gel products it is runny. the white is a little thicker to use. when you use a natural tip you need to blend it, then a thin layer of bonder(phase 1) cure 3 mins, then the builder(phase 2) cure 3 mins refine with the white and yellow files then the sealer (phase 3). cure 3 mins. if you have the single dream soak off formula gel which is all three i.e. bonder, builder & sealer you still follow the same procedure.
1. bonder- fine polish like layer cure 3 mins
2. builder - c curve cure 3 mins
then refine. (files)
3. top sealer - to finish cure 3 mins

For the white gel option
blend the tip
do the french white first cure 3 mins
bonder layer cure 3 mins
builder cure 3 mins
refine
sealer

for the french (white tips)
no blending needed
bonder cure 3 mins
builder cure 3 mins
refine
sealer cure 3 mins

I also find that as the gel is runny I flash cure for 10 seconds on the builder layer bit, it does make a difference (fellow geek taught me this and it really does work with this gel) it helps to give a natural look if not you will get a flat look. this gel is hard to work with.
hope this helps

Thank you!

Im doing a course with Essetial Nails, so im using the Dream products they supply at the moment. So the application will vary depending on what brand i use? Also, after i have completed the EN course, am i able to use any brand gel products? Or am i only qualified to use Dream products? Ive read so much about people loving CND products, but would i have to train with them to be able to use them?

Thanks for your help x

You cant buy CND unless you are trained with them but you can with other companys. Like you i didnt get on with dream gel so purchased a sampler pack from NSI of there balance gels they are fab and you can buy all there products. I am looking to do my conversion with them just gotta figure out how to get to manchester lol

For the white gel option (pink & white)
blend the tip
do the french white first cure 3 mins
bonder layer pink cure 3 mins
builder pink cure 3 mins
refine
sealer pink
(could use pink or clear gel)

sorry did not explain that bit very well getting past my bed time.

thanks for your help...
sorry to sound really really thick:

so you can still use a natural nail, in the normal way:
then you paint some white gel over it ... then do the pink:

what if you are using the white tip: do you just stick these on then build with the pink gel:

again I don't mean to sound really thick ( I am 100% new to nails)

Magpie

This may not apply to all systems, however, i wouldnt advise you used white tips at all (stick to natural or clear), as the UV light cannot penetrate properly through the white tip, therefore, causing the enhancement to not be cured properly, which means dreaded zone 1 lifting!! But by all means, check this with your tutor xxx

I use a dotting tool to apply my white gel.

I just pick up a bead and set it down in the left hand side of the smile line - then - string a line across. This creates a perfect smile line.

Then just pull the gel down with either the dottong tool or a brush depending which white gel i use.

Creat a nice thin smile line.

I use Nail Solutions products - the Simply Nails - Pink is to die for. Extreme white is too thin for me - so i tend to use the Simply Nails French White. I am just trying out the Thicker/Sculpt white in the range. I quite like this one and may change to this one

you can view their products online at Home

Latest posts

Back