Friends hey?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha Lila I thought 😁 was a funny sort of "I'll keep my mouth shut" sorta face! Damn these emoticons!

Lol you can never tell on text what's really meant! I always call!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

If I hadn't started this thread I would be sat here pulling my hair out still wondering why she hadn't text me! So glad I rang so I can get on with the day n look forward to it cos I was dreading it! I worried that much I have slept walked the last 3 nights, only happens when I'm really stressed! I love salon geek!!

If I hadn't started this thread I would be sat here pulling my hair out still wondering why she hadn't text me! So glad I rang so I can get on with the day n look forward to it cos I was dreading it! I worried that much I have slept walked the last 3 nights, only happens when I'm really stressed! I love salon geek!!

Ahh bless you. I hope you have a lovely birthday and you both enjoy yourselves. You never know she might realise she can be a good mummy and still go out so may even end up inviting you out next time ;)

Ahh bless you. I hope you have a lovely birthday and you both enjoy yourselves. You never know she might realise she can be a good mummy and still go out so may even end up inviting you out next time ;)

Juggling everything is hard! If we don't go out we get called boring lol and if we do go out all the time were a bad mum! I go out about twice a year lol

Thankyou waffle! I do love tapas n sangria! I said from the start I didn't want too much to drink as it's my birthday the next day n I didn't want to be hungover! I'm sure it'll be a good laugh n want to do it again!

Thankyou waffle! I do love tapas n sangria! I said from the start I didn't want too much to drink as it's my birthday the next day n I didn't want to be hungover! I'm sure it'll be a good laugh n want to do it again!

Me too!!! I lived in Spain for 6months nothing better than tapas and sangria!

I think virtues is probably right, and I dont mean to be harsh but you can clearly not quite get how she feels and if we can tell you that then she obviously knows that too. I would never say, change ur plans for me! And dear god looking after children on a hangover is horrendous! I was only 25 when I had my son and I still loved going out but it took a while to happen and was rare due to money and time and I cant see it happening much now with 2! Luckily my friends are very cool about it and some have kids, plus were 29 now so getting a bit past it lol. My first night out was a bit painful though, I didnt feel like I fit in and felt awkward. I didnt feel hot either, i felt like a mum and it took ages for me to juggle different roles. And I missed my little boy even though he was in bed (not cool to admit) and was aware that at 3am when we got in I only had 3 hours to sleep it off and I hadnt even drunk much....

You can feel when something is wrong but if you have asked and nothing happened then you have to wait until you see her in person and can open up properly. Do you not see each other much in person?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally get the whole kids and hangover thing! I didn't want to get totally blindo anyway as I said it's my birthday the next day. I'm just used to my other friends getting excited n getting there lashes and tans done with me and I feel she's not excited at all. I was there when the baby sitter was confirmed and her words were oh I don't have an excuse now... I used to see her all the time! 3 times a week even though we both work strange hours. But 6 weeks ago it all changed and I've seen her maybe 3 times and it has been a lil awkward and not like old times! People change I guess!

Yeah I know but even if you've only have 4 then you feel it the next day if you dont drink and have to get up at 6. Its a but rude saying that in front of you but it screams out to me that its a big deal her leaving her kids for the first time, however pathetic that sounds to anyone without children, its more about your identity than practicalities that you can overcome.

Theres defo something wrong, just doesnt mean its about you. Try and remember what its like when theres something wrong with you. Hopefully if you're compassionate she will feel she can open up to you when you see her, if not then theres not much else you can do and maybe you're not such great friends after all.

Just made me think, my best friend of 10years went really off with me about 18m ago, I was upset and kept saying I am worried about you whats up, she was polite to me but not the same and we have been like sisters. I started to give up and just accept that maybe we had changed. Eventually after months she told me she had PND and had practically had a nervous breakdown-it wasn't about me. We're now closer than ever and I just tried to be there for her. So it could be anything x

Have a lovely night together honey.

If she's a bit down, maybe she wanted to avoid alcohol all together. I know for me, having a drink if I'm down is a big no no.

My other thought was maybe money is a bit tight for her so driving means no drinking or cabs etc. If she's not been out for a bit perhaps she needs a new frock and can't afford it. I hardly ever go out now, and me and hubby always joke that when I do it costs twice as much as it normally involves buying something new as ive not got any night out clothes because I hardly go out in the evening lol!

Whatever you do have fun, have a lovely night and enjoy your birthday too missus xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone! We were so close like sisters n something's just changed just before these plans! I will be patient n take a step back but let her know I am there for her(she does know that!) I just don't think it's about the child cos she goes to a child minder 4 times a week!

Thanks happyfeet! I'm more looking forward to it now! Tapas n sangria! How could you not hehe!

Thanks everyone!

That doesnt really make much difference, I can tell you dont get the child thing. But I do think you're right and its not just about that. Good luck.

As I got older I finally realised some friends come and go. I have friends who I have known since childhood who I haven't seen for months but I know we could just start up where we left off. My best friend had a child at 18 I didn't have mine till I was 30. We grew apart , it's about sometimes having things in common. We became close again after having kids , we have grown apart slightly again as she became single and I am not particularly fussed about her current flame! When I got divorced and money was tight I hated my rich friends inviting me out as it would be expensive meal and quite often champagne!!! I couldn't afford this so used to drive. I still hate the hangovers when you have kids, even as they get older they still want feeding etc. so I think there could be many reasons that she could be a bit off. I would still try and keep your friendship but maybe cultivate some new friendships with people without children. X

Enjoy you night anyway 😊x

Could she be pregnant and it's very early and so doesn't want to tell anyone?
Maybe that's why she doesn't want to drink

So I rang her cos I could see she was on Facebook... She answered! woo! She was adamant nothing's wrong and said she's still up for it n doesn't mind not drinking. I know my friend and I know this isn't the case!

Whether kids are involved or not, peoples attitude towards getting hammered can change a lot in 3 years, especially when that person hasn't been out.

I don't have kids, but I'm quite happy to go out and not drink and not be fussed about it. ALL of my friends think this is weird because I used to be the only one you could rely on to want to get wasted every weekend. Just because they think it's weird, doesn't mean it's not true.

I think you're probably reading far too much into it and can't see that she's changed and changed her priorities.

Hope you have a lovely birthday weekend whatever you do! Hope the weather stays nice for you!

I think I'm reading far too much into it as well! I can't help it but like I said I told her about my interview today n she still didn't wish me luck or how it went. 2 months ago she would have?

I do get the whole child thing, I may have worded it wrong in the last post... I can barely look after myself with a hangover let alone a 2 year old! I know my friend n how she works n I know something's wrong but like I and others have said be patient! Thankyou, will enjoy upgrading my age ;)

Latest posts

Back