Friends hey?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do people really need best friends though? What are they exactly? ... I have a lovely group of 'friends' that meet up for dinner and catch up with everyday bits and pieces now and again (once every month or so) but I have no need to live in their pockets, tell them all my problems or require anything from them mentally physically or commercially.. Am I the odd one out here? ...I do find it hard to be around people that are emotionally draining and needy I must say.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm with you on that one Virtues. I find so called "best friends" emotionally draining and needy too. Can't be doing with it. I had a so called best friend in Australia and when I took my husband there on holiday to meet my friends and family she completely ruined it by burdening me with her marital problems. Crying down the phone at 6am in the morning at my hotel room.

I've got so many stories I could bore you all for hours but to put it in a nutshell, I find keeping a bit of a distance the best way to be. Friends to me are either needy or bitchy behind your back and I don't want any of it. I have a few I can go for coffee with or out to dinner with in a group with the OH's and that suits me fine. I'm certainly not close enough for anyone to bawl down the phone to me. :D

What if it was the other way round and you really needed to talk to someone? I totally understand what your saying, I care far too much what people think and yes it can get bitchy like it has done! Maybe this will make me more independent?! I hope ;)

What if it was the other way round and you really needed to talk to someone? I totally understand what your saying, I care far too much what people think and yes it can get bitchy like it has done! Maybe this will make me more independent?! I hope ;)

If I really need to talk to someone I talk to my hubby. If it's about him, I ring my brother. These are the only people I need if I want advice or need to air something important. I keep my cards close to my chest. My friends don't know half of what goes on in my life.

I've always had one, someone to talk to you when your feeling down anytime anywhere about anything! Have you never had a girl friend that you see once a week and talk to nearly daily virtues? Even at school? Maybe we don't all need one! I have few friends but they're pretty much all separate and rarely come together as a group!

Oh dear God, no Amy. I'm probably to irritable for most people to be around me for long. ..lol... and to have to talk to someone daily... Are you out of your mind?. ..ha ha. I went to boarding school from 10 years old my relationship with my parents suffered terribly and speak to neither. I'm not interested in friends so much but could this be an age thing? I'm 41 now and dont need to have phone calls from girlfriends telling me about their day at work or what guy they're sleeping with tonight...(You know what I mean. .idle chit chat) I enjoy occasional company from girlfriends and I have a small circle (like I said) that go for dinner occasionally, tonight in fact. I get invited to parties etc and I enjoy those occasions and the occasional 'let's have coffee' in the week but anymore than that and I start yawning...I do enjoy my own company and those of some of the geeks on here I have met and the ones I'm going to meet. If it works for you that is great and maybe now I understand better why you are more upset than I would be over your birthday evening with your friend *hugs*.

Oh dear god no!! This made me chuckle!! Maybe it is an age thing?! I'm still at home, live with my mum, see my boyfriend for a day and a night! I just wanna be everyone's friend haha! I get upset when I don't understand things and peoples actions. This needs to change and I need to take a leaf out of yours and Mobile Manicures book! Would relieve a lot of stress!

Do people really need best friends though? What are they exactly? ... I have a lovely group of 'friends' that meet up for dinner and catch up with everyday bits and pieces now and again (once every month or so) but I have no need to live in their pockets, tell them all my problems or require anything from them mentally physically or commercially.. Am I the odd one out here? ...I do find it hard to be around people that are emotionally draining and needy I must say.

Im totally finding this, the older I get the less me and my friends need to be in each others pockets. The ones that mess you around are not worth your hassle. I think someone has already said it nut people come in your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Hope you have a fab evening. Xxx

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Julie-liz, what a great quote! I promise I will try to forget her! I'm already excited about going out but I don't know what to wear and my boyfriend just called me orange (revenge is on the cards!!) I will let you know what the outcome is of course!

Glad u r excited and i hope u have a lovely night. And im sure ur not orange lol. Men eh?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

The quote is a Marilyn Monroe quote :) the woman said some brilliant things lol

Just an update... She did turn up on time, for not just one drink but several and then thought shots were a good idea!! Luckily I drank lots of water when I got in so no hangover! I had a great time (and a pitcher of sangria to myself :O) so I don't know what her funnyness has been about but I'll leave it at that! Thanks again ladies for being a great support system xx

Aw fantastic! Happy birthday! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aw glad you had a great night and happy birthday :)

Oh i am glad! Maybe she was nervous? Really happy u had a great night though and a little jealous u had no hangover lol one sip and i cant open my eyes for pain the next day. Happy Birthday too x

Great you had a good night :) and happy birthday 💝🎊💐🎂

Aw thanks everyone! Drank too much yesterday, eaten too much today hehe! I really don't know what the problem was but either way I'm taking a step back from her to avoid this again xx

Glad it all turned out well...realised I am very lucky to have my friends after this thread! Not had anything like this since I was really young (21,22?) Love my girls and its not hard work at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back