Full body wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcook

Reaction score
I was asked to do a full body wax today. Could someone tell me what this woman expects to get waxed? eyebrows? face as well? Hollywood?

I know it sounds like a really dopey question, also how much would you charge, she say she normally pays 45 - 50 quid. Is this reasonable? Im expecting this to take at least 2 hours?

Hi there
I only wax guys - but I expect the principles are the same.
I list all of my "body Part" waxes separately with from and to guideline prices.
I also offer 2 Full body waxes - with or wthout BSC (Brazillian)
For the full body wax with Brazillian I charge between £120.00 ad £160.00
If they are paying that and they want ears, nostrils, Eyebrows doing, then I do all of this within the charging band
I state a from and to price band, as you can then see just how hairy they are, how much is to remove, how much time it takes and also how much product is used. Also, this way you havent given a set price, only to find it takes a lot more effort than you had planned for, and the client feeling hard done by or you feeling short changed.

Hope this helps?
Terry
x

£45 - £50! I bet she does!
OK, so let's break it down, and look at what you normally charge for each component.
Full leg
Bikini/Braz/Hollywood
Underarms
Lip
Chin
Eyebrows
Arms, possibly, if she is particularly fluffy
Lower back - as above

In anyone's book that's going to be more than £50!

I would not want to give her a price without seeing her. I have waxed female backs etc as well as full arm, full leg, bikini and sometimes all the way up their abdomen to their bra. If a lady has racial hair growth, be it asian, spanish, italian, cypriot, etc, they may well want 'full body' because don't forget, wherever you stop waxing, there will be a tide mark. Even if the hair is really downy, you still have to completely go over every area. Two hours is realistic but £45-50 is a little cheap. It may well be true that that is how much she pays but that doesn't mean you have to price match it. Depends how much you need or want the work :hug:

To be fair I only pay £65 for full body waxing including intermate waxing minus my forearms so this lady may well be able to get it done for £40-50.

That said other people do charge considerably more (rightly or wrongly) and in my experience it is the london based salon which charge the most
I have asked the question before though why guys are charge much more than women. Fail to see that there is much difference between the two processes other than the obvious.

To be fair I only pay £65 for full body waxing including intermate waxing minus my forearms so this lady may well be able to get it done for £40-50.

That said other people do charge considerably more (rightly or wrongly) and in my experience it is the london based salon which charge the most
I have asked the question before though why guys are charge much more than women. Fail to see that there is much difference between the two processes other than the obvious.

Men have much coarser hair and tend to be a little hairier! I charge the same for men and women.
I think if you charge more for doing men then that's a bit of payback for how much cheaper they get their hair done :)

I pay £85 myself in Shrewsbury - £40 or £50 sounds well cheap!
Posted via Mobile Device

Why don't you just ask her exactly which body parts she wants done, add it up and give her your quote?

It seems so much easier and then you'll also know how much time you need to book out for.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I have been doing waxing for 15 years and in that time, NO ONE has asked me for a full body wax :!: strange! When I worked in London i waxed Asian women, African women, Spanish women, but we just dont have the call for it here. Hence the daft quaestions.

I run my own business from home and like to be fair with my prices.

I feel that I should be able to chose my customers, and this is one lady I get a bad vibe about! she is the only woman I have felt I dont want to do!

First time for everything I guess!! :lol:

Don't worry hun. I've had a "bad vibe" from a few clients, but its normally just that they were stressed or something when we spoke and when they came in they were lovely.

I think you should give her a chance. If you don't like her, then don't do her again, but you never know, she could be really nice and turn out to be one of your best and most profitable customers.

How much!!! She's having you on.

You really need to ask to her to be specific. She may just mean full body excluding torso. Ask her what she wants then add it all up individually, then knock £20 off.

If she wants a real full body every hair aside from her head, then charge her the same as a man. xxx

Men have much coarser hair and tend to be a little hairier! I charge the same for men and women.
I think if you charge more for doing men then that's a bit of payback for how much cheaper they get their hair done :)

But I only have a No4-5 all over and dont get offered a cup of coffee either. My haircut takes all of 5mins My wifes on the other hand takes1-2 hours:)

Latest posts

Back