Full head highlift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacyb123

Reaction score
Hi I have a client that is around a 6.3/7.3 virgin hair that's wanting to achieve a colour around the pic below which I'm thinking would be highlift tint but I always worry they'll end up very copper/golden or as clients say gingery so would appreciate any help thank you xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326484228.749857.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326484228.749857.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,763
Hi I have a client that is around a 6.3/7.3 virgin hair that's wanting to achieve a colour around the pic below which I'm thinking would be highlift tint but I always worry they'll end up very copper/golden or as clients say gingery so would appreciate any help thank you xx

I'm not really a fan of highlift, I always use ammonia free bleach with 6% or lower rather than using highlift, with lots of ammonia and 12%, but that's just me, plenty will disagree!

Id bleach with 6% and tone for this look, what brand do you use?

Last edited:
To be honest, I would probably full head scalp bleach this with Joico scalp bleach and 6% then tone it to a creamy blonde with something like Matrix SPN or SPM.
I just dont think a high lift tint would lift 6.3 without brassyness....
xxxx

To be honest, I would probably full head scalp bleach this with Joico scalp bleach and 6% then tone it to a creamy blonde with something like Matrix SPN or SPM.
I just dont think a high lift tint would lift 6.3 without brassyness....
xxxx

I agree with this, I think at least 6%/20vol is needed otherwise it will take forever and a day or maybe even need re-applying if only 10vol is used... Unless yellow is what your after :p I think some people are a bit scared of using bleach. Go for it!

Get your self a matrix ultra blonde! Use on base 5 -7 for high lift blonde and it really works! You can have neutral, ash, violet, mocha, the tones are amazing and always lift!! Have faith in high lift! The invented them for a reason! X

If using wella wouldn't use highlight. I tried 12.16 with 12% on a client base 9/10 and was still quite warm. Had to do bleach with 3% after to get desired colour.

Thanks for your help she just not keen on the idea of bleach those highlifts sound fab blue rinse which stockist can I get matrix from as I tend to go mainly to Dennis Williams and adel but neither stock matrix xx

Thanks for your help she just not keen on the idea of bleach those highlifts sound fab blue rinse which stockist can I get matrix from as I tend to go mainly to Dennis Williams and adel but neither stock matrix xx

Where are you? Try www.salonsupplies.co.uk

Im in west Yorkshire,Leeds area xx will have a look at that thank you xx

Hi I use majiblonde 901 s high lift tint, on clients with warmth :)

I use Matrix colours and love them. But, I know that if you use the ultra lifts on base 6.3 you will not get the lift you're looking for. By all means give it a go, but scalp bleaches really arn't anything to be scared of, and may well mean a lot less faffin about trying to correct the root glow!

I use Matrix colours and love them. But, I know that if you use the ultra lifts on base 6.3 you will not get the lift you're looking for. By all means give it a go, but scalp bleaches really arn't anything to be scared of, and may well mean a lot less faffin about trying to correct the root glow!

Mine always give great lift! I use ultra on base 5.-6-7 with 40vol never had issues ;s x

I don't think any high lift will give the result in that picture as a global application on a base 6. Bleach and tone all the way.

I don't think any high lift will give the result in that picture as a global application on a base 6. Bleach and tone all the way.

Check what ultra blondes are designed for :) this purpose entirely x

Yes I know what they are, Redken do similar..... They're great but I don't think they'd get a level 6 full head to a similar shade in that picture, at all. I just don't think as a full head it will lift well enough on a natural base 6. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes I know what they are, Redken do similar..... They're great but I don't think they'd get a level 6 full head to a similar shade in that picture, at all. I just don't think as a full head it will lift well enough on a natural base 6. I'll believe it when I see it.

Have to totally agree with this.
Be interesting to see what you do and how it comes out so keep us posted!!:)
xx

Soooo......??? Which did you end up using and how did it turn out? I have had very negative experiences using highlifts as well, just curious about the Matrix highlift? I have had some success using Majiblonde but only with 40 vol...and heat :( I KNOW! BAD! only with the heat though and max time, and by that point hair would have been in way better shape afterward using a bleach and 20, no heat.

Soooo......??? Which did you end up using and how did it turn out? I have had very negative experiences using highlifts as well, just curious about the Matrix highlift? I have had some success using Majiblonde but only with 40 vol...and heat :( I KNOW! BAD! only with the heat though and max time, and by that point hair would have been in way better shape afterward using a bleach and 20, no heat.

Heat? OMG I'm cringing here!! It completely messed the tone up!

Heat? OMG I'm cringing here!! It completely messed the tone up!
I know but I had used without heat on same client and had straight up brass, so experimented second time around using heat and it turned out magnificently platinum :) I KNOW! BAD BAD BAD!!!

I know but I had used without heat on same client and had straight up brass, so experimented second time around using heat and it turned out magnificently platinum :) I KNOW! BAD BAD BAD!!!
Here in Canada we dont have "insurance" preventing us from doing these dangerous means...we only have waivers, and so long as a tricky procedure is signed for...no legal bindings :)

Latest posts

Back