Full Leg Wax Timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskimonailtech

Reaction score
So, I work for a high-profile spa that charges higher prices and I know my clients expect perfection.

I'm pretty good at everything I do, but I struggle with leg waxing. I have 45 minutes allowed for a full-leg wax; 30 for the service and 15 to clean up. Lately, I've found it wasn't enough time. I can speed wax, which is fine for the lower leg, but I find some people have hair that grows horizontally on their upper leg, so I need to take more time for that.

Is 30 minutes service time a little low for a full leg wax? I don't get them often, but I did today and thankfully she came early but in the end, it took me like 70 minutes so I was 10 mins late for my next appt. I find the only way I can speed things up is to wax all willy nilly and not really do a perfect job.

Thoughts?

Personally I would say its not enough time - but then i'm just a beginner ;-)! IMO I would say 45mins for the wax and 15mins for the service would be more appropriate for a full leg...especially if as you say they want perfection!

Being used to hairy guys legs I would say 45mins for the treatment and 15mins cleanup. Once a client has been, you may know that it only takes 30mins to do them so this could be marked on their client record for when they book them in next time.

Mat

If it were me, I allow 30 mins for a full leg (roller wax mind!). Only 45 mins if that particular client took longer for whatever reason. It doesn't take me 15mins to clean up, i do all that while they are getting dressed.

If you added on an extra 15 mins to clean up after each leg wax, after 3 clients you have just lost 45 minutes of valuable time, thats a whole other leg wax!! Time is money i'm afraid!

Saying that though, i used to work in a spa and i know what they are like regarding appointment times, IMHO 45 mins should be enough time to do a full leg and clean up too if you are an experianced waxer. If you are struggling though, can you not speak to the department manager and get them to change the timings?

xxx

:hug:

Last edited:
Hi although I do waxing I dont do loads of it, so when I do a full leg wax it takes me 50 - 60 mins (I use a pot and spatula), I keep trying to shave the time off but as fast as I think yep I will be finished at 45 minutes I find another strip or 3 of hairs, I am also a perfectionist and judging by what i have seen being turned out from some other local salons i think this is why I take so much longer.

Personally i give myself 45 minutes, but as i've been doing it for a few years i've naturally just gotten faster and often don't need it. If it's a new client i may give myself an extra 15 just in case i have any issues.

However, i think an hour is completely acceptable. It is more important that you do a GOOD wax than a quick one. Speak to your manager and let her know your feelings on the subject. I'm sure she'll understand.

Also, i tend to clean up whilst my client is dressing. Remove and throw away couch roll and clean down plastic bed cover. I don't usually make my wax pot or floor etc messy, but if you do, this is a good time to do this too. Baby oil, wax remover and surgical spirit all work well.

The client normally feels more relaxed too because they don't feel like you are watching them dress, or that they have to rush so you can tidy up.

HTH xx

Thanks guys.

I talked to one of the other estheticians at work and she said they booked me for the wrong time amount and it should've been more, so all is well!

=) thanks anyways.

Latest posts

Back