Full on polish for children, or a quick flick over?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Evening Geeks!

I have my first pamper party for children on Saturday and I've been mulling this over for a while but cant seem to make a decision so thought I would ask here.

I find Children's nails don't like to have polish on, my own children's nails don't anyway! Seems to just slide off instantly in the bath or playing with toys,washing hands ect.

For the party, should I do a base coat, two coats of colour and top coat, or will this not help at all? Should I just do a quick paint with colour only?

They are six years old and I am concerned if the application is thicker it will therefore take longer to dry meaning smudged nails and possible sofa damage lol!

Also, would you have a separate, cheaper brand of polish for these parties, or should I use my pride and joy CND?!

Sorry for all the questions, just need a little guidance on this one

:Love:
E x

up to you i guess you can get snails polish now it child safe hence the name (safe nails= snails) !!

at my old salon we did like a normal polish x

In my experience- there WILL be smudges! I tend to do base coat, 1 coat of colour (take colours which have good coverage- and don't give them too much choice! You'll be there all day)and top coat/glitzy top coat, and sometimes add in glitter & gems depending on time constraints. Then spray them with a quick dry spray/oil and I usually get them to sit with their hand under a nail dryer (I don't think it actually helps to dry, but it makes them giggle and gives their nails chance to harden off!)

Ha i.ve never heard of snails but having a 5yr old princess thought I'd google it. I now know all about the fashhion of eating snails in poland!

Anyone got any sensible links?

X

Ha i.ve never heard of snails but having a 5yr old princess thought I'd google it. I now know all about the fashhion of eating snails in poland!

Anyone got any sensible links?

X

Lol me too, or a website explaining which nail polishes were best for marking snail shells!

Is snail polish long lasting or like that wash off kids polish ?

Thanks for replies. I feel much better now and will use base and top coats! And just take a few Girly colours

E x

E x

Hi, well ive done a handful of princess parties and the girl have been about 11, I take my OPI enamels and do a base coat, 2 coats of colour and top coat, but im seriously thinking about whether to bother because they do smudge them really quickly! Im such a perfectionist though, it just doesnt seem right to not do it properly!!

I like the idea but not sure if some children will appreciate it if it washes straight off lol! Thanks for the info and well worth something to consider

E x

Hi, well ive done a handful of princess parties and the girl have been about 11, I take my OPI enamels and do a base coat, 2 coats of colour and top coat, but im seriously thinking about whether to bother because they do smudge them really quickly! Im such a perfectionist though, it just doesnt seem right to not do it properly!!

Yes this is how I feel!if you use OPI then I'll use my CND, got to look good for the mums I guess to gain more business!

E x

I use Zoya polish for kids as it's vegan friendly and 4 free. I tried the traditional number of coats and of course they ruin them within 5 minutes. Go for full coverage colour as mentioned with a top coat. Drying spray/drops are a must. Like the idea of the dryer.

You could try to incorporate a game where they must not use their hands afterwards. Not sure if that would work or what exactly you'd do, but just a thought!

Good luck :)

I have done several princess parties and Sache vite top coat/Lumos is a must! I paint three girls at a time and from my experience both chidden and parents appreciate good quality of any product you use.

Latest posts

Back