Fully qualified or still in training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Okay geeks, just thought I would start a wee thread to see who is actually fully qualified in hairdressing and who is still training? Reason being is pure curiosity and will save me checking everyones profile lol. I'll start this bird flying - I've been in hairdressing for 25 yrs and been qualified for 22 years and still learning new stuff - love it! xx :lol:

Still training. I have VRQ2 already but doing Nvq2 this year, 5 more assessments to go :)

Fully qualified loreal colour keys and colour change foundation and creative cutting toni&guy commercial highlighting and speed highlighting toni&guy and opened my own salon 3 years ago I love education can never learn enough :) x

still in training, qualify in May ( as long as i don't do anything really wrong lol), hoping to gain a place on the HNC course after that, i plan to take that education and run with it, i've fallen passionately in love with this industry my goal is to get working, gain experience and keep learning. i tout my old backside all over the place, volunteering for the college artistic team and volunteering at charity events/salons etc to get myself out there and working, i worked as a hair assistant on a magazine photoshoot on Monday ( i was ridiculously excited to find out i'll get a credit in the magazine lol) which came about from me chancing my arm and sending an email to an amazing stylist and make up artist asking if i could maybe volunteer in any capacity for her, its been a fantastic learning opportunity for me, watching someone so talented and inspirational at work and i hope it continues. hahaha sorry for the novel, lots of passion, enthusiasm and coffee is never a good mix :lol: xxx

Fully qualified. USA state Licensed in Maine, Arizona, New York and California. 12 years professional experience. National board certified Hair Colorist. Goldwell certified. L'oreal certified (twice). Cutting training from Toni&Guy, Vidal Sassoon, Nick Arrojo, Sam Villa, and many others. Training never ends. Constantly chasing education may not lead to always gathering new technique, but it keeps inspirational juices flowing. :) Finally I am in the process of opening my own studio and taking on my first trainee.

still in training, qualify in May ( as long as i don't do anything really wrong lol), hoping to gain a place on the HNC course after that, i plan to take that education and run with it, i've fallen passionately in love with this industry my goal is to get working, gain experience and keep learning. i tout my old backside all over the place, volunteering for the college artistic team and volunteering at charity events/salons etc to get myself out there and working, i worked as a hair assistant on a magazine photoshoot on Monday ( i was ridiculously excited to find out i'll get a credit in the magazine lol) which came about from me chancing my arm and sending an email to an amazing stylist and make up artist asking if i could maybe volunteer in any capacity for her, its been a fantastic learning opportunity for me, watching someone so talented and inspirational at work and i hope it continues. hahaha sorry for the novel, lots of passion, enthusiasm and coffee is never a good mix :lol: xxx
Fabulous novel. You sound so enthusiastic and full of beans. go get your dream! xoxox:lol:

Fully qualified. USA state Licensed in Maine, Arizona, New York and California. 12 years professional experience. National board certified Hair Colorist. Goldwell certified. L'oreal certified (twice). Cutting training from Toni&Guy, Vidal Sassoon, Nick Arrojo, Sam Villa, and many others. Training never ends. Constantly chasing education may not lead to always gathering new technique, but it keeps inspirational juices flowing. :) Finally I am in the process of opening my own studio and taking on my first trainee.
totally agree with 'education and keeping the juices flowing' can never get enough education. Good luck with opening studio, exciting times ahead my friend. xxx:lol:

Still training level 2 and will be doing level 3 I think

Fabulous novel. You sound so enthusiastic and full of beans. go get your dream! xoxox:lol:
aw thank you! i just wished i done this years ago but its never too late. and i really have drunk too much coffee today,a client gave me a box of mini coffee syrups that they use in Costa etc, i've sampled them all lol xxx

Still training level 2 and will be doing level 3 I think
From the work your producing and your thirst for knowledge i think you'll go far. xx

Fully qualified :) x

From the work your producing and your thirst for knowledge i think you'll go far. xx

Ah thank youuuuuu ;)

I hope to be famous someday. Hahaha
Lol

Last edited:
Fully qualified 10 years!!!

I am still training but I am qualified at the end of September.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Fully qualified, hairdressing for 11 years but going back to do my NVQ3 in September - wish I'd have done it straight after my NVQ2 then it wouldn't b costing me £1300 but there u go!! Can't wait to start training again :-D x

Level three qualified (advanced modern apprenticeship) 16 years in the trade, 14 1/2 on the salon floor

Still training...just finishing my 1st year level 2 NVQ. Loving it! Shoulda started my training years ago! Xx

Level 3 qualified. 7 years (5years on the floor)

Fully Qualified, to NVQ level 3 and diploma (with distinctions). 11 years in the industry with 9.5 year on the floor of which 4 of the 11 years spent training hard.
:-D
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

8 years qualified 11 in the business. And its still not boring xoxo

Latest posts

Back